• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Modern SAO handguns?

mobiushky

I agree, I don't notice my grip safety other than a function test. If you have a gun with one just make sure it functions properly.

As far as a stove pipe your grip should not change. Tap the magazine to make sure it is seated, rack the slide firmly, and you should be ready to fire.

Or just rake the top of the slide with your weak hand and go. Most stovepipes can be cleared without the tap rack bang. BUT! Tap rack bang is a good habit to be in automatically.

shastadude17

I don't own one but it's definitely on my to-buy list, but the CZ-75 P07 is a polymer framed pistol in 9mm and .40 (though I read the .40's have reliability issues) where you can actually field strip the weapon and swap it between a SAO w/ manual safety or DA/SA w/ decocker configurations in minutes. I've held it and messed around with it at gun shops and it seems to have a great solid CZ feel too it at a decent weight and the trigger breaks nicely. Comparable in size to a Glock 19 I would say.

I'm also a fan of the Taurus PT92. It has a much better safety/decocker than the Beretta as it is frame mounted rather than slide mounted. As someone said, you can carry cocked and locked.