• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have 12 months to save for a handgun, any suggestions?

WalkingWolf

You need to give up the fanboy accusations. It's some kind of unhealthy obsession.

You need to stop trashing other people's possessions. I only call fanboys, fanboys because of their behavior. Why not make a suggestion of a Glock and why to the OP instead of telling him not to buy something else because the trigger is "spongy". This is not the first time you have done this, it is a addiction for you. Get a grip on it and I will stop making fun of you.

mobiushky

You need to stop trashing other people's possessions. I only call fanboys, fanboys because of their behavior. Why not make a suggestion of a Glock and why to the OP instead of telling him not to buy something else because the trigger is "spongy". This is not the first time you have done this, it is a addiction for you. Get a grip on it and I will stop making fun of you.

Here's why. You don't really care what people say or even what they mean, you assume there is negative intent and then you lay some BS claim about being a fanboy on people because someone says something that contradicts your opinion. Then for some reason, you do your best to devolve the discussion into a insult match because you want to bully the forum and only allow your opinions to be heard. I have NEVER ONCE trashed any firearms except one $99 .380 a guy brought to a class I happened to be in. And it SUCKED all around. I don't even know the brand. But heaven forbid anyone say something negative about any firearms that you hold near and dear for fear you'll come unglued. I have stepped up and pointed out false information because posting lies about something to try to incite argument is contrary to the intent of this forum. We're here to help each other, not crown ourselves king of the forum. Healthy discussion makes us all better. You push healthy discussion down and bully people you disagree with.

You're the one calling any perceived negative comments "trashing." A realist understands that ALL firearms have negative aspects. ALL OF THEM. And being aware of them is useful. Explaining to a company what they could improve is a good thing. For instance, let's take your obsession. Glock. Initially the .40 cal models had issues with an unsupported chamber. They didn't build a ground up .40 like S&W did. They modified a 9mm to take .40. After failures in the field they took the feed back from people complaining and fixed the issue. If no one every complained about your precious glocks, how would they know to fix them? From some accounts, S&W has taken the complaints about their full sized triggers to heart. Some people are saying the Gen 2 triggers are better, but not as good as the Apex. The last one I tested, 2 months ago, must have the old trigger even though it was brand new. Would I buy one? Maybe. But if I did, I'd replace the trigger for sure. IMHO, that's the only thing wrong with them. It's a top notch firearm and if you think it's better than Glock, I won't argue. But as it stands, the trigger sucks on an otherwise great gun.

There isn't THE perfect firearm anywhere. They all have drawbacks, but heaven forbid anyone mention them for fear of you calling them a "fanboy" and ranting off about something completely unrelated to try to drag what could have been a reasonable and helpful discussion into a pile of horse dung. You make claims about me that are not even true. You call me all kinds of ignorant names and make up garbage about what I say. You assume I'm a fanboy and then try to goad me every time I mention anything that is factual. I have never once trashed your blessed Hi-Points or anything else you love even though you constant lie that I do. Unlike you, I love all guns. I own several different brands and I'm not loyal to any one brand. For some reason you can't accept honest discussion about firearms. I don't understand why though.

Why didn't I mention Glock? Cause the OP is already looking at Glock and Kahr. Why bring up something they are already interested in? If EMN chooses a Glock or a Kahr? Great, I hope he loves it. If not, Great, I hope he loves it. My personal self esteem isn't wrapped around someone else's choice in firearms.

As for your comment on the M&P trigger? It's been called, squishy, vague, gritty etc by the guys at the Smith & Wesson forum. According to your logic, that makes them all glock fanboys? This is not revelation. It also doesn't make the gun bad or mean I'm bashing it. It's a simple fix. And the M&P is a top notch firearm, aside from the trigger.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Let's look at what you have a problem with...

I think the M&P is in fact a fad, but it's a deserved one. the M&P is a great pistol. i dont know if they function better then glocks, but the warranty is certainly better and i think they fit my hand like a glove. very ergonomic. I remember years ago it was a big deal that S&W basically gave the M&P .40 away to the State of Washington. Troopers hated the USP and then S&W offered a deal that was practically a steal,now the WA State Patrol, Park Rangers, Fish and Game, ect all carry M&P 40. I was about 14 when that was happening. the media was big on the switch and the next year there were M&Ps at every range.

To which I responded.

M&P triggers suck (except for the Shield). If you replace it with an Apex trigger, it's a top notch choice. Word is some LEO's are trying to get S&W to install an Apex from the factory. A friend of mine (yes LEO) carries a .40 M&P but he constantly complains about the trigger. He wants to get an Apex, but the department he works with won't allow any "aftermarket" mods. If it came from the factory with the trigger, they would allow it. He's said as soon as he can order one from the factory with Apex, he's buying it. He also has a Shield and said he loves it as is.

My response was on topic to EMN's comment. It was immediately related to the source of EMN's concerns, ie function. Why bring up Glock in response? Why does this have to be about personal ego?

mobiushky

I'll just keep multi-posting, cause I don't care.

BTW, if you really want a valid way to bash Glock instead of re-hashing old news that isn't even accurate anymore? Talk about their propensity toward BTF, "Brass To the Face." That's a real and actual problem that seems to strike often. It's an issue that needs to be addressed that Glock still hasn't really figured out. Changed extractors, claws, springs, you name. Some people claim it's an ammo problem. If that's true, then Glock needs to fix that because a carry gun shouldn't be that ammo sensitive. It's apparently not a global issue (meaning it's in every gun), but it's enough to cause concern. At least if you talked about that you would have a valid point.

WalkingWolf

I'll just keep multi-posting, cause I don't care.

BTW, if you really want a valid way to bash Glock instead of re-hashing old news that isn't even accurate anymore? Talk about their propensity toward BTF, "Brass To the Face." That's a real and actual problem that seems to strike often. It's an issue that needs to be addressed that Glock still hasn't really figured out. Changed extractors, claws, springs, you name. Some people claim it's an ammo problem. If that's true, then Glock needs to fix that because a carry gun shouldn't be that ammo sensitive. It's apparently not a global issue (meaning it's in every gun), but it's enough to cause concern. At least if you talked about that you would have a valid point.

Silly Silly person, I am not trying to bash Glock, just making fun of people who foolishly bash the guns of others. Glocks are not the problem, Glock snobs are.

mobiushky

Cite any post I have made indicating that I am a Glock snob? Now you are just making a fool of yourself, as usual.

You made the claim about me. Cite my posts that prove ANYTHING you claimed I said.

Like I said, you do everything you can to devolve every thread into horse manure. Who's the real fool?

WalkingWolf

You made the claim about me. Cite my posts that prove ANYTHING you claimed I said.

Like I said, you do everything you can to devolve every thread into horse manure. Who's the real fool?

I made the claim about fanboys, YOU reacted! So you would be the one who is playing the real fool. Keep in mind this is not the first time for you, and everybody here knows it. You are your own worst enemy.

As far as devolving this thread it was doing fine until YOU showed up to bash S&W M&P.

Last edited:

mobiushky

I made the claim about fanboys, YOU reacted! So you would be the one who is playing the real fool. Keep in mind this is not the first time for you, and everybody here knows it. You are your own worst enemy.

As far as devolving this thread it was doing fine until YOU showed up to bash S&W M&P.

I can't help it if M&P triggers suck. Complain to S&W if you don't like people talking about it. Or switch it with a Pro trigger or an Apex. Problem solved.

WalkingWolf

I can't help it if M&P triggers suck. Complain to S&W if you don't like people talking about it. Or switch it with a Pro trigger or an Apex. Problem solved.

Can you prove that they suck, do they pick up dirt? Like a vacuum cleaner. You are a perfect example of a person ate up by snobbery.

Or is it a sexual attraction for you? ewwwwwww!

I now understand why some Glock owners manage to shoot themselves in their privates....EWWWWW!

Last edited:

mobiushky

Can you prove that they suck, do they pick up dirt? Like a vacuum cleaner. You are a perfect example of a person ate up by snobbery.

Or is it a sexual attraction for you? ewwwwwww!

I now understand why some Glock owners manage to shoot themselves in their privates....EWWWWW!

Thank you.

WalkingWolf

In my best Jeff Foxworthy voice "If you buy Astroglide to lube your Glock, you might be a Glock Fanboy..."

"If you have been turned down by a M&P, you might be a Glock Fanboy..."

Last edited:

Johnbo

I have a Steyr L9 that is an awesome pistol. Don't overlook the Steyrs nor Walthers for that matter.

HPmatt

OP - hope you followed the WW-Moby thread - very pertinent to your quest for knowledge - (you might be too young, but if you borrow a copy of your grandpa's VHS of Animal House - look closely for) Faber College motto 'Knowledge is Good' :lol:

WalkingWolf

OP - hope you followed the WW-Moby thread - very pertinent to your quest for knowledge - (you might be too young, but if you borrow a copy of your grandpa's VHS of Animal House - look closely for) Faber College motto 'Knowledge is Good' :lol:

The shame is this is not the first time this comes up. I am not sure if he has a problem with anything but a Glock or just I bug him. One or the other or both.

I should not poke at him, but just can't let someone get away with posting such nonsense. The OP actually already owns a S&W, I doubt if he buys the anything but Glock routine. Nothing wrong with any gun he decides, even if it is a phazer from Star Trek.

Last edited:

mobiushky

I have a Steyr L9 that is an awesome pistol. Don't overlook the Steyrs nor Walthers for that matter.

I've never shot a Steyr. The bore axis looks really low, which is impressive. I'd assume it's very easy to shoot and muzzle flip is minimal? Nice looking pistol too.

mobiushky

The shame is this is not the first time this comes up. I am not sure if he has a problem with anything but a Glock or just I bug him. One or the other or both.

I should not poke at him, but just can't let someone get away with posting such nonsense. The OP actually already owns a S&W, I doubt if he buys the anything but Glock routine. Nothing wrong with any gun he decides, even if it is a phazer for Star Trek.

What bugs me? Your constant harping that I'm a fanboy. Without any ability to show any evidence of it.

The OP stated in post #29:

"I have my CPL, still just a pair of revolvers. I'm looking at obtaining a Glock or a Kahr coming up soon. now that I have a job and have some money saved up I'm looking at using my blue label discount coupon to get a 400 dollar glock. still trying to decide wether I should get the 19 or the 26."

You know the truth is, if you would stop being so thick headed, you might realize that we agree more than you're willing to admit. What bugs me? People who lie about what I say.

WalkingWolf

What bugs me? Your constant harping that I'm a fanboy. Without any ability to show any evidence of it.

The OP stated in post #29:

"I have my CPL, still just a pair of revolvers. I'm looking at obtaining a Glock or a Kahr coming up soon. now that I have a job and have some money saved up I'm looking at using my blue label discount coupon to get a 400 dollar glock. still trying to decide wether I should get the 19 or the 26."

You know the truth is, if you would stop being so thick headed, you might realize that we agree more than you're willing to admit. What bugs me? People who lie about what I say.

I did not say you were a fanboy, I used the word fanboy and you hollered. Your problem not mine.