• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VERY POSITIVE OC PIECE - News on 6, Tulsa OK

mwaterous

Excellent article, but another great example of why reading comments on the internet is an exercise in patience. On one side, you want to articulate a reasonable and sensible argument that could potentially change a few of their minds... on the other, you just want to go in there and call them a few choice names because you know anything else will just lead to banging your head against the desk.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yep, our shiny new law limits carry (just as it was under concealed carry) to 16' overall length and 45 caliber. Openly carried handguns have to be in a belt or shoulder holster.

The other CBS affiliate, News 9 in Oklahoma City picked up this story and is airing it today.

http://www.news9.com/story/19668249/open-carry-group-hopes-to-educate-oklahomans-about-new-law

If anybody is big enough to carry around something that size, they don't need to carry anything around.

On a serious note - good on ya!

stay safe.

sharkey

I was tempted to stop watching when I heard a permit was required to carry.
I did stop watching when I heard that an officer can ask to see your permit if you're open carrying.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The only downside to this is the fact that you still must have permission from your employees (read that as public servants) to openly carry your sidearm. The adage, "he who giveth can taketh away" comes to mind.

On a positive note, you conducted yourself quite well.... congrats.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Great interview. :cool:

On a side note, I don't like the permit issue.......'we need to see your papers'! :uhoh:
I understand you can't have everything....hopefully in the near future you won't need to 'papers' to OC.

Billy

Good job, Bryan ~

The reporters did a decent job of reporting the facts in a favorable fashion.

When the law was passed for Oklahoma I was stoked to hear about it. Good for y'all Okies!

Take care now, sir.

Respectfully,
Billy

Ken56

Great job and welcome to the OC world. I spent near 2 years in Tulsa going to Spartan and loved the city. Here in Michigan we are a traditional open carry state, meaning we need NO permit to OC, only to CC. Your situation in OK. may not be ideal but it is a step in the right direction. congrats.