• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East St. Louis -- no more 2A, 4A or 5A ??

OC for ME

No sure why folks are riled up over what is happening in E. STL. I mean it is E. STL, in Illinois. If those folks don't like it but won't do anything about it that's up to them. Let'em do or not do, just sit back and watch the show, it'll be fun no matter which way it goes.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
No sure why folks are riled up over what is happening in E. STL. I mean it is E. STL, in Illinois. If those folks don't like it but won't do anything about it that's up to them. Let'em do or not do, just sit back and watch the show, it'll be fun no matter which way it goes.

I can only speak for myself. I get all riled up because any time some minion of the State decides to try and get away with violating a Constitution right - regardless if it is outrageously egregious like this ESL fiasco or "merely" some cop telling me I cannot OC without a Concealed Handgun Permit*. This outrage will not be allowed to continue, and getting all riled up about it will only make that happen sooner rather than later. But it's the "little" violations that are the most worrying - somebody gets away with some Constitutional right so often they become convinced they can always get away with it, and then they start thinking they can violate even more Constuttional rights. It becomes the Death of a Thousand Cuts - not one of which by itself is really that bad, but when you add them all up ....

I have lived in countries where there are only those privileges that the government sees fit to give you - for now. And I've seen when they decide to take back some of those privileges and the population (notice I do not call them citizens) can do nothing about it. Some folks sasy we here may some day come to that point, but it is going to take a lot to overcome our Constitutional rights if we ever do come to that.

stay safe.

* - Where I live we do not need no steenkin' permits to OC. I hear that in some places you really do need permission.:(

Last edited:

OC for ME

I can only speak for myself. I get all riled up because any time some minion of the State decides to try and get away with violating a Constitution right - regardless if it is outrageously egregious like this ESL fiasco or "merely" some cop telling me I cannot OC without a Concealed Handgun Permit*. This outrage will not be allowed to continue, and getting all riled up about it will only make that happen sooner rather than later. But it's the "little" violations that are the most worrying - somebody gets away with some Constitutional right so often they become convinced they can always get away with it, and then they start thinking they can violate even more Constuttional rights. It becomes the Death of a Thousand Cuts - not one of which by itself is really that bad, but when you add them all up ....

I have lived in countries where there are only those privileges that the government sees fit to give you - for now. And I've seen when they decide to take back some of those privileges and the population (notice I do not call them citizens) can do nothing about it. Some folks sasy we here may some day come to that point, but it is going to take a lot to overcome our Constitutional rights if we ever do come to that.

stay safe.

* - Where I live we do not need no steenkin' permits to OC. I hear that in some places you really do need permission.:(
Do not misunderstand, I am in 100% agreement with you. However, you and I do not live in East ST. Louis. It is up to the citizens of East ST. Louis to reign in their local officials. We should provide moral support and moral outrage but it will require those directly affected to gain standing to affect any change for the better via the courts.

Some cry foul over East St. Louis clothing ban
East St. Louis officials institute youth curfew, put limits on clothing for males
Questions about East St. Louis curfew

Stomping your foot on the ground from Virgina don't mean nuttin to those on the "East Side." Heck, stomping my foot on the ground over here in MO don't mean nuttin to those on the East Side.

Back atcha on the stay safe.