• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Brown Signs AB527 Into Law - Long Gun OC Prohibition Effective January 2013

Ca Patriot

There are a lot of us who simply can't leave, at least not anytime soon. My wife has family here in N. Cali that she can't stand to be separated from again, although we lived in NV for the first year we were together. Being that far from them ate her up. I also have a father further south who is upside down in his home thanks to the housing bubble bursting, so he can't sell and leave unless he leaves empty handed, and he's spent too many years trying to make a life down there, and is too bull headed, to surrender and walk away from it all. Given the choice, when the time comes that he passes away, I would be hard pressed NOT to sell our place and take whatever inheritance I get from him and use it to move my family to Idaho or someplace out of Cali where our civil rights are more respected.

I've not seen anything on the boards, but does anyone know if any individuals or groups have bothered to file civil liberties law suit against California over these bans?? Since the SCOTUS made their ruling that the 2nd Amendment is an individual liberty, I simply can't comprehend how ANY "infringement" to our right to keep and bear arms by either state OR federal government can be "constitutional"!! Where are all the lawsuits?? I've always known Cali to be one of the most litigious states in the US, with people tending to scream "Oh, my rights!" immediately followed by "Oh, my LAWYERS!"!!

Cal Guns has some lawsuits......I think we should get results in about 12 years. Be patient.

Thundar

Open Carry a Pitchfork

Is it still legal to carry a pitchfork in California?

What the California Legislature has constructed is a total ban on bearing arms (except maybe for pitchforks). They cannot hide behind reasonalble regulation. Either the constitution means what it says: "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" or it means: "the state may trample your civil rights with impunity."

The 14th A is quite clear that we live in the former, not the latter.

Ca Patriot

Is it still legal to carry a pitchfork in California?

Yes, you still have the right to carry a pitchfork, but you have to be on private property, you need a permit, the pitchfork must be registered and limited to 3 forks, and standard capacity handle.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yes, you still have the right to carry a pitchfork, but you have to be on private property, you need a permit, the pitchfork must be registered and limited to 3 forks, and standard capacity handle.

Surely the pitchfork regulations did not overlook detachable tines, heat shields, and pistol-grips?

EMNofSeattle

so wil pitchfork carry now be considered "on topic" on OCDO?

Hopefully california has already banned "high capacity cop killer pitchforks" and made sure that our children are safe in "pitchfork free school zones"

OC for ME

It is only illegal to carry a pitchfork openly when a torch is also carried, it's not the pitchfork it is the torch that gets folks all nervous. All that other pitchfork stuff is just made up stuff by disgruntled torch toters.

Thundar

It is only illegal to carry a pitchfork openly when a torch is also carried, it's not the pitchfork it is the torch that gets folks all nervous. All that other pitchfork stuff is just made up stuff by disgruntled torch toters.

I wonder what would happen if a pitchfork open carry rally were held in Sacremento. Do you think the gun grabbers would pass a pitchfork ban?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I wonder what would happen if a pitchfork open carry rally were held in Sacremento. Do you think the gun grabbers would pass a pitchfork ban?

It would be worth trying just to find out! As California plunges into debt due to failed fiscal policy and other things that matter, the only thing the legislature in California is concerned with is banning things and proposing other feel good measures. Snubbing gun owners and pitchfork users is very high on their agenda.

Last edited:

oc4ever

Bad laws

You guys make fun of our pitchfork laws. As long as you have red/orange colored plastic ends to the pitchfork so the LEO'S can tell it is a non-lethal pitchfork you are good to go. All of the California laws follow a pattern and make sense........ to the idiots that write this nonsense.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I guess my naysaying is mostly due to the fact that I consider California a lost cause.

I dont mean to be against you or anyone on this board.

In 1994 I wrote a paper for college in which I basically said the politics of California were forever democrat/liberal because of the flood of illegal aliens. For many many years I was very active in the movement to get federal and state politicians to seal the border and deport all illlegal aliens. I felt it was of vital importance to California and eventually the nation.

I even went to the border myself and for 3 years spent time with citizen groups who defended the borders themselves.

After it was made clear by the government that they wanted open borders and would spend more time stopping us than the illegal aliens I left.

In 2006 I decided it wasnt worth the fight anymore and instead of paying the highest taxes in the world, being surrounded by people who dont english and losing all of my constitutional rights, I left California and moved to another state.

When people on this board talk about or ask us to "call, email or write" our CA politicians to stop losing our rights I just laugh. It hasnt worked and it wont work.

California is a LOST CAUSE because there are too many voters in this state who dont stand for what I stand for. That simple math CANT BE OVERCOME.

I now live in a state where my tax burden is almost nill, I have more gun rights than any other state in America, everyone speaks english and is a citizen, there is no crime and I hunt and fish almost everyday.

I love it.

If you truely want to change things in California I have no idea how to do it within the confines of the law and reality.

Short of a civil war there isnt much a person can do.

The pilgrims didnt stay in Europe and try to change it. They left and made a better life for themself.

I guess you live in Kentucky then?

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
So long gun open carry before it's banned?

Any plans of any events prior to the ban ? Not seen anything in california for ages

Ca Patriot

Any plans of any events prior to the ban ? Not seen anything in california for ages

I tried to get one started but no one wanted to join.

Open carry is dead in California.

After Conneticut though I would be afraid to open carry a long gun now. I am pretty sure LAPD would love to pump an open carrier full of lead and the public here would cheer.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Open carry is alive and well incalifornia

I tried to get one started but no one wanted to join.

Open carry is dead in California.

After Conneticut though I would be afraid to open carry a long gun now. I am pretty sure LAPD would love to pump an open carrier full of lead and the public here would cheer.
As long as you use the exemptions to the law....now LAPD slandering won't get you anywhere...I for one will continue carrying my AR15 and shotgun daily until the ban takes effect