Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: How to carry yourself when...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15

    Question How to carry yourself when...

    I was recently asked to not come into a Pizza Hut with my firearm. I had been there the whole time waiting for my pizza (even the manager came to the front saw me and said nothing and then walked back to her office) It wasn't until I came back and asked for paper plates that the cashier told me that next time to not come back because I might make the other customers feel uneasy.

    One of the employees saw me and motioned for me to cover my weapon with my shirt. When I came back and encountered their concerns, I told them that asking me to conceal my firearm was basically asking me to break the law since I'm still waiting on my CCW. I was then told that it makes the customers fearful and was told to not come into the store next time with my firearm.

    The manager told me that she doesn't want it in her store. I then asked for the number to corporate and was given the district managers # and the franchise owners #. It was the first time I was asked to do so and would like to know what I should do other than how I handled myself in this situation. I want to respect their rights as well as mine, and would like to know if there was anything else I could have done better. (Avoid having to explain myself, my rights and just walk away etc)

    I spoke with the District Manager and after conversing with him, he gave me a call back and told me that I will still be allowed into the store and that he didn't know why she handled the situation in that manner (Store manager told me she didn't say anything to me when she saw me because there was a customer in the store and she didn't want to provoke me) This statement made me feel angry inside because I felt like she had just labeled me as a bad person... I would mainly like advice on how to deal with the initial contact because the employees had no problem, it seemed like it was just their manager who did.

    I also live in a "safe" neighborhood so I also want your take on encounters with "sheeple" I've seen folks who just freeze and get nervous at just the sight of a non law enforcement officer with a firearm.

    Concerned Law Abiding Citizen

    P.S. I'd like to become a Law Enforcement Officer/Detective and understanding the mindsets of others would help a lot in my opinion.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Should have said "I cannot make them feel anything, only they can produce their emotions-you should ban them"

    Booted out of future Pizza Hut visits? Your liver will be happy.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Not wasting my time here.
    Posts
    31
    Well, there's always Domino's!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15
    I know my body would prefer a different carb source to load up on before hitting the gym

    The District Manager did call me back and told me that I would be allowed in the store with my firearm. The thing is is that it makes me a little iffy about returning since I have nothing in writing just the District Managers word. I did tell him Papa John's was across the street.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    I had a similar experience in a local convenience mart. I'd been in there every few days for 6 months, had bought every drop of gas I'd used in that six months there...open carried each and every time I'd entered. One evening, the night shift manager, a young lady, shrieks out that "you can't come in here with that gun" as I walked in the door. There were several other customers present...and frozen, waiting for my response.

    I stated I needed to pay for my gas [$10.00 regular filled my motorcycle]. I put a ten dollar bill on the floor in front of me and left. I've never been back. I believe my wallet speaks louder to management than any defense I could have put up in front of all those customers. This is a small town of less than 1500. I resented the rude and embarrassing confrontation. I feel no obligation to accept insults from those I pay for a service.

    I guess that by the same token, they are under no obligation to respect every form of behavior that could enter their doors. If a pig farmer comes in and is "ripe", they might object to his presence near the coffee bar, as it might affect their retail sales, which is the primary reason they opened their doors, right? Same might hold true for unknown people wandering around armed. Their store, their rules. My wallet.

    I'm not into forcing acceptance. Provocative and firearms aren't words I like to see used in the same sentence.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  6. #6
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    My response is: If you don't want my OC, you don't want my money...it has happened on rare occations, but that is how I handle it. If you have already paid, request a refund, if you haven't paid, leave whatever your purchase is there, and just leave. Then don't go back.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    I suggest personally asking the gentleman you spoke with to educate the employees of this particular location about their policy and your legal right to be armed. I wouldn't go back until I had documentation that some training/warning/correction had transpired, and indicate politely that an apology from the manager for the insult would be appreciated.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I suggest personally asking the gentleman you spoke with to educate the employees of this particular location about their policy and your legal right to be armed. I wouldn't go back until I had documentation that some training/warning/correction had transpired, and indicate politely that an apology from the manager for the insult would be appreciated.
    This^^^

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7

    same issue, different venue.

    I encountered the same problem at a CiCi's Pizza in Colorado Springs. I'm in the process of writing a letter to corporate. It's a bit lengthy, as I wanted to warm them up with backstory. I'm not the best writer, but here's what I have so far:

    "To Whom It May Concern:

    I’ve been eating at CiCi’s pizza for some time now. I grew up near the Des Moines, Iowa area and would often take my little brother out for some family bonding. (Usually store # 694) The food was always amazing, the dining room clean, and the atmosphere friendly. No complaints; especially when I could find those buy one get one free coupons. I recently moved to Colorado Springs as a student. One evening alone, I came across another great buffet discount (via the Key Ring iPhone app) and drove across town for a late dinner.

    Now, not to deviate too much, but allow me to give you some relevant backstory. I come from a very conservative, republican, religious, pro-life, pro-gun family. I was raised to place the wellbeing of others before myself and taught to value and defend life. My home -along with the reported 47% of all American homes- is a home that owns firearms. More so, I am almost always carrying a sidearm as both state and federal laws permit.

    All this being said, I was open carrying a properly holstered 9mm GLOCK on my side, when I entered your establishment (Store # 813) that evening.

    **Note that I’ve been open carrying for a considerable amount of time, in: Walmart, restaurants, state and county parks, churches, cars, Starbucks, thrift stores, at family events, around law enforcement officers, while in my place of work (a diner) after my shift is over… all without even the slightest problem.**

    Though, that evening while paying for the buffet and drink I was approached by a red-shirted employee (presumably a manager) whom decided it was in her best interest to give me a piece of her mind.¬ She made comments about CiCi’s Pizza being a ‘Family Restaurant,’ implying that I was ‘anti-family’ by bringing a sidearm there. She mentioned that there were children in the building –note that it was late in the evening and only two tables were actually occupied- as if I had something against children. It was her perspective that the branch owner was anti-gun and wouldn’t allow me in the building while I was open carrying. Ultimately, I was asked to return my sidearm to the car before dinning.

    I, in all the graciousness I could muster, politely informed her I would be taking my business elsewhere. She, in a quick decision, changed her mind declaring it would be alright for me to keep my sidearm, if I REALLY needed to; though, “just this once.” I probably made the wrong decision deciding to stay. Though, I had just driven across town, had a great discount, it was late, and I was hungry. I ate in silence that evening, more offended then I’d been in a long time.

    Is it customary for your employees to be so bigoted when it comes to political and personal views they don’t support? I cringed to think what would happen had a homosexual couple walked in behind me. Would she harass them too? She never once questioned the legal side of open carry, implying she knew the law supported it. Instead she attacked me personally, questioned my judgment, and ultimately berated my lifestyle choices.

    That was about six months ago. More recently, a family member from back in Iowa informed me you were having a Customer Appreciation day. After debating through it in my mind, I came to the conclusion that delicious pizza at an affordable price was worth the risk of bumping into that employee again. So, I put on a pleasant smile, grabbed a friend, and headed off to the local CiCi’s pizza; here in Colorado Springs.

    I was halfway through the buffet line when who should approach, but the same employee that had given me so much grief six months prior. The first words out of her mouth were that of recognition, while eyeing my sidearm. “Is the safety on?” she asked, once again prying into my personal life. “Yes,” I lied, knowing full well that a GLOCK’s primary safety is the appendage located between the thumb and middle finger of my right hand. I was polite, made eye contact, and tried not to let my obvious frustration show.

    All the same, I decided the conversation was over, ordered an Alfredo based pizza (which tasted amazing, by the way!) and found my seat; hoping she wouldn’t make a scene in the busy restaurant. My friend and I talked weather, politics, and work ethics. (Both of us coming from the food service industry, we have experience interacting with our diner’s ‘guests’ daily.) Honestly, we were socked by your manager’s intrusiveness. We went through the line a couple more times –avoiding her- and departed, having otherwise enjoyed the meal.

    I’m left wondering if CiCi’s Pizza is a restaurant to which I should be giving my business. Are there discriminatory policies in place concerning who may dine with you? If not, then why aren’t your employees -specifically management- properly educated in customer interaction? If you plan on showing bias against customers of a specific political party, religion, or sexual orientation, the least you can do is post a sign on the door.


    Respectfully,

    Andrew
    "

  10. #10
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    She did you a favor.....Pizza Butt.

    Michelle "My Belle" Obama is gunna have комисса́р Sebelius send her Goons to your place.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  11. #11
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Polite Posture View Post
    I was recently asked to not come into a Pizza Hut with my firearm. I had been there the whole time waiting for my pizza (even the manager came to the front saw me and said nothing and then walked back to her office) It wasn't until I came back and asked for paper plates that the cashier told me that next time to not come back because I might make the other customers feel uneasy.

    One of the employees saw me and motioned for me to cover my weapon with my shirt. When I came back and encountered their concerns, I told them that asking me to conceal my firearm was basically asking me to break the law since I'm still waiting on my CCW. I was then told that it makes the customers fearful and was told to not come into the store next time with my firearm.

    The manager told me that she doesn't want it in her store. I then asked for the number to corporate and was given the district managers # and the franchise owners #. It was the first time I was asked to do so and would like to know what I should do other than how I handled myself in this situation. I want to respect their rights as well as mine, and would like to know if there was anything else I could have done better. (Avoid having to explain myself, my rights and just walk away etc)

    I spoke with the District Manager and after conversing with him, he gave me a call back and told me that I will still be allowed into the store and that he didn't know why she handled the situation in that manner (Store manager told me she didn't say anything to me when she saw me because there was a customer in the store and she didn't want to provoke me) This statement made me feel angry inside because I felt like she had just labeled me as a bad person... I would mainly like advice on how to deal with the initial contact because the employees had no problem, it seemed like it was just their manager who did.

    I also live in a "safe" neighborhood so I also want your take on encounters with "sheeple" I've seen folks who just freeze and get nervous at just the sight of a non law enforcement officer with a firearm.

    Concerned Law Abiding Citizen

    P.S. I'd like to become a Law Enforcement Officer/Detective and understanding the mindsets of others would help a lot in my opinion.
    Just a helpful word, but if you truly want to become a detective you need to begin perfecting your writing skills. In the field you wish to enter it is very important that reports are written correctly and professionally, and with proper grammar usage. If you don't want to become a prosecutor's worst nightmare, or become personally involved in a lawsuit, this is one skill that you desperately need to perfect.

    Please don't think I am being rude; I am only trying to help. This is one subject that was addressed with extreme importance in certain Criminal Justice classes I have taken, and something that everyone that wants to become a detective should know.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  12. #12
    Regular Member osmanobma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    I encountered the same problem at a CiCi's Pizza in Colorado Springs. I'm in the process of writing a letter to corporate. It's a bit lengthy, as I wanted to warm them up with backstory. I'm not the best writer, but here's what I have so far:

    "To Whom It May Concern:

    I’ve been eating at CiCi’s pizza for some time now. I grew up near the Des Moines, Iowa area and would often take my little brother out for some family bonding. (Usually store # 694) The food was always amazing, the dining room clean, and the atmosphere friendly. No complaints; especially when I could find those buy one get one free coupons. I recently moved to Colorado Springs as a student. One evening alone, I came across another great buffet discount (via the Key Ring iPhone app) and drove across town for a late dinner.

    Now, not to deviate too much, but allow me to give you some relevant backstory. I come from a very conservative, republican, religious, pro-life, pro-gun family. I was raised to place the wellbeing of others before myself and taught to value and defend life. My home -along with the reported 47% of all American homes- is a home that owns firearms. More so, I am almost always carrying a sidearm as both state and federal laws permit.

    All this being said, I was open carrying a properly holstered 9mm GLOCK on my side, when I entered your establishment (Store # 813) that evening.

    **Note that I’ve been open carrying for a considerable amount of time, in: Walmart, restaurants, state and county parks, churches, cars, Starbucks, thrift stores, at family events, around law enforcement officers, while in my place of work (a diner) after my shift is over… all without even the slightest problem.**

    Though, that evening while paying for the buffet and drink I was approached by a red-shirted employee (presumably a manager) whom decided it was in her best interest to give me a piece of her mind.¬ She made comments about CiCi’s Pizza being a ‘Family Restaurant,’ implying that I was ‘anti-family’ by bringing a sidearm there. She mentioned that there were children in the building –note that it was late in the evening and only two tables were actually occupied- as if I had something against children. It was her perspective that the branch owner was anti-gun and wouldn’t allow me in the building while I was open carrying. Ultimately, I was asked to return my sidearm to the car before dinning.

    I, in all the graciousness I could muster, politely informed her I would be taking my business elsewhere. She, in a quick decision, changed her mind declaring it would be alright for me to keep my sidearm, if I REALLY needed to; though, “just this once.” I probably made the wrong decision deciding to stay. Though, I had just driven across town, had a great discount, it was late, and I was hungry. I ate in silence that evening, more offended then I’d been in a long time.

    Is it customary for your employees to be so bigoted when it comes to political and personal views they don’t support? I cringed to think what would happen had a homosexual couple walked in behind me. Would she harass them too? She never once questioned the legal side of open carry, implying she knew the law supported it. Instead she attacked me personally, questioned my judgment, and ultimately berated my lifestyle choices.

    That was about six months ago. More recently, a family member from back in Iowa informed me you were having a Customer Appreciation day. After debating through it in my mind, I came to the conclusion that delicious pizza at an affordable price was worth the risk of bumping into that employee again. So, I put on a pleasant smile, grabbed a friend, and headed off to the local CiCi’s pizza; here in Colorado Springs.

    I was halfway through the buffet line when who should approach, but the same employee that had given me so much grief six months prior. The first words out of her mouth were that of recognition, while eyeing my sidearm. “Is the safety on?” she asked, once again prying into my personal life. “Yes,” I lied, knowing full well that a GLOCK’s primary safety is the appendage located between the thumb and middle finger of my right hand. I was polite, made eye contact, and tried not to let my obvious frustration show.

    All the same, I decided the conversation was over, ordered an Alfredo based pizza (which tasted amazing, by the way!) and found my seat; hoping she wouldn’t make a scene in the busy restaurant. My friend and I talked weather, politics, and work ethics. (Both of us coming from the food service industry, we have experience interacting with our diner’s ‘guests’ daily.) Honestly, we were socked by your manager’s intrusiveness. We went through the line a couple more times –avoiding her- and departed, having otherwise enjoyed the meal.

    I’m left wondering if CiCi’s Pizza is a restaurant to which I should be giving my business. Are there discriminatory policies in place concerning who may dine with you? If not, then why aren’t your employees -specifically management- properly educated in customer interaction? If you plan on showing bias against customers of a specific political party, religion, or sexual orientation, the least you can do is post a sign on the door.


    Respectfully,

    Andrew
    "
    i like it except for one thing. Dont equate homosexuality with carrying guns. its just not right. one is detrimental to ones life, the other protects ones life.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by osmanobma View Post
    i like it except for one thing. Dont equate homosexuality with carrying guns. its just not right. one is detrimental to ones life, the other protects ones life.
    Substantiate this drivel immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    [QUOTE=KYGlockster;1832977]Just a helpful word, but if you truly want to become a detective you need to begin perfecting your writing skills. In the field you wish to enter it is very important that reports are written correctly and professionally, and with proper grammar usage. <snip> /QUOTE]Really? Ya know, he does want to become a cop.....a cop.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  15. #15
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Just a helpful word, but if you truly want to become a detective you need to begin perfecting your writing skills. In the field you wish to enter it is very important that reports are written correctly and professionally, and with proper grammar usage. If you don't want to become a prosecutor's worst nightmare, or become personally involved in a lawsuit, this is one skill that you desperately need to perfect.

    Please don't think I am being rude; I am only trying to help. This is one subject that was addressed with extreme importance in certain Criminal Justice classes I have taken, and something that everyone that wants to become a detective should know.
    No offense taken. I am looking into pursuing a Criminal Justice Degree as well or something similar but involving electronics.

    Maybe I should have written the post when I was a little more calm and collected than I was at the time. You're absolutely right though. I do have to improve my writing skills because it's been a long time since I've had to write a report/essay of any sort.

    Thanks for your input!

  16. #16
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15
    [QUOTE=OC for ME;1833166]
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Just a helpful word, but if you truly want to become a detective you need to begin perfecting your writing skills. In the field you wish to enter it is very important that reports are written correctly and professionally, and with proper grammar usage. <snip> /QUOTE]Really? Ya know, he does want to become a cop.....a cop.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    I encountered the same problem at a CiCi's Pizza in Colorado Springs. I'm in the process of writing a letter to corporate. It's a bit lengthy, as I wanted to warm them up with backstory. I'm not the best writer, but here's what I have so far:

    "To Whom It May Concern:

    I’ve been eating at CiCi’s pizza for some time now. I grew up near the Des Moines, Iowa area and would often take my little brother out for some family bonding. (Usually store # 694) The food was always amazing, the dining room clean, and the atmosphere friendly. No complaints; especially when I could find those buy one get one free coupons. I recently moved to Colorado Springs as a student. One evening alone, I came across another great buffet discount (via the Key Ring iPhone app) and drove across town for a late dinner.

    Now, not to deviate too much, but allow me to give you some relevant backstory. I come from a very conservative, republican, religious, pro-life, pro-gun family. I was raised to place the wellbeing of others before myself and taught to value and defend life. My home -along with the reported 47% of all American homes- is a home that owns firearms. More so, I am almost always carrying a sidearm as both state and federal laws permit.

    All this being said, I was open carrying a properly holstered 9mm GLOCK on my side, when I entered your establishment (Store # 813) that evening.

    **Note that I’ve been open carrying for a considerable amount of time, in: Walmart, restaurants, state and county parks, churches, cars, Starbucks, thrift stores, at family events, around law enforcement officers, while in my place of work (a diner) after my shift is over… all without even the slightest problem.**

    Though, that evening while paying for the buffet and drink I was approached by a red-shirted employee (presumably a manager) whom decided it was in her best interest to give me a piece of her mind.¬ She made comments about CiCi’s Pizza being a ‘Family Restaurant,’ implying that I was ‘anti-family’ by bringing a sidearm there. She mentioned that there were children in the building –note that it was late in the evening and only two tables were actually occupied- as if I had something against children. It was her perspective that the branch owner was anti-gun and wouldn’t allow me in the building while I was open carrying. Ultimately, I was asked to return my sidearm to the car before dinning.

    I, in all the graciousness I could muster, politely informed her I would be taking my business elsewhere. She, in a quick decision, changed her mind declaring it would be alright for me to keep my sidearm, if I REALLY needed to; though, “just this once.” I probably made the wrong decision deciding to stay. Though, I had just driven across town, had a great discount, it was late, and I was hungry. I ate in silence that evening, more offended then I’d been in a long time.

    Is it customary for your employees to be so bigoted when it comes to political and personal views they don’t support? I cringed to think what would happen had a homosexual couple walked in behind me. Would she harass them too? She never once questioned the legal side of open carry, implying she knew the law supported it. Instead she attacked me personally, questioned my judgment, and ultimately berated my lifestyle choices.

    That was about six months ago. More recently, a family member from back in Iowa informed me you were having a Customer Appreciation day. After debating through it in my mind, I came to the conclusion that delicious pizza at an affordable price was worth the risk of bumping into that employee again. So, I put on a pleasant smile, grabbed a friend, and headed off to the local CiCi’s pizza; here in Colorado Springs.

    I was halfway through the buffet line when who should approach, but the same employee that had given me so much grief six months prior. The first words out of her mouth were that of recognition, while eyeing my sidearm. “Is the safety on?” she asked, once again prying into my personal life. “Yes,” I lied, knowing full well that a GLOCK’s primary safety is the appendage located between the thumb and middle finger of my right hand. I was polite, made eye contact, and tried not to let my obvious frustration show.

    All the same, I decided the conversation was over, ordered an Alfredo based pizza (which tasted amazing, by the way!) and found my seat; hoping she wouldn’t make a scene in the busy restaurant. My friend and I talked weather, politics, and work ethics. (Both of us coming from the food service industry, we have experience interacting with our diner’s ‘guests’ daily.) Honestly, we were socked by your manager’s intrusiveness. We went through the line a couple more times –avoiding her- and departed, having otherwise enjoyed the meal.

    I’m left wondering if CiCi’s Pizza is a restaurant to which I should be giving my business. Are there discriminatory policies in place concerning who may dine with you? If not, then why aren’t your employees -specifically management- properly educated in customer interaction? If you plan on showing bias against customers of a specific political party, religion, or sexual orientation, the least you can do is post a sign on the door.


    Respectfully,

    Andrew
    "
    What annoyed me the most about this manager is that she waited, til I left, to tell her young (probably 16-20 yr old) cashier to confront me about my sidearm the next time I came in, instead of doing it herself on the spot. I was there for a good 10-20 minutes waiting for the pizza.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Polite Posture View Post
    What annoyed me the most about this manager is that she waited, til I left, to tell her young (probably 16-20 yr old) cashier to confront me about my sidearm the next time I came in, instead of doing it herself on the spot. I was there for a good 10-20 minutes waiting for the pizza.
    ^^^^
    They call this leadership skills!

    IMHO, I would follow what PPM stated. In addition, I would send the DM an email or snail mail letter recapping the conversation and ask for any corrections. Now the ball is in his court to respond if not accurate. Carry the letter with you the next time to PH; just iin the event the store manager lost her wits.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    I would go back, when your need for pizza occurs again, armed with the information and name/number of the district manager. If you get approached again, let them know what the district manager told you and offer to call him. Don't make a big deal/scene out of it. Just behave as a regular law abiding citizen, having dinner. They may still ask you to leave, or leave your firearm in your vehicle, but you won't know unless you try. If they call the police and still try to trespass you, just tell them you had permission from from the district manager, but leave if they press the issue.
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 10-02-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Hoka hey

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfiveoh View Post
    Substantiate this drivel immediately.
    Funny how to OP, growing up in a "very conservative" household, managed not to gay-bash, but osmanobma thinks that's a good thing. The two DO equate quite nicely: The right to do what one wants as long as its NOT getting in someone else's way to do what THEY want...

    "I have a right to carry my weapon!" <-- True!
    "I'm afraid of that guy's gun. Take it away!" <-- Not True! (No right to "feel" good)

    now flip it:

    "I have a right to freely associate, even in a homosexual relationship!" <-- True!
    "I don't feel comfortable seeing to gays together! Make them Stop!" <-- Wrong! (No right to "feel" good)

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330

    How to carry yourself when...

    Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    I encountered the same problem at a CiCi's Pizza in Colorado Springs.
    .........................
    I’m left wondering if CiCi’s Pizza is a restaurant to which I should be giving my business. Are there discriminatory policies in place concerning who may dine with you? If not, then why aren’t your employees -specifically management- properly educated in customer interaction? If you plan on showing bias against customers of a specific political party, religion, or sexual orientation, the least you can do is post a sign on the door.


    Respectfully,

    Andrew
    "
    I think that is one of the best letters to a corporate office I've read on this site yet.

  22. #22
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by slowfiveoh View Post
    Substantiate this drivel immediately.
    Technically osmanobma is correct. He just was not politically correct in asserting his viewpoint.

    There is documented evidence that the homosexual community is historically at greater risk of death, serious illness, and/or serious bodily injury given the behavior they engage in or simply for being a known homosexual (crime victims). The facts are irrefutable for that segment of the population when compared to other population segments.

    Fortunately those historical facts are receding into history and the homosexual community is gaining parity with other population segments. But, there remains elevated risks in the homosexual community that do not impact other segments in any statistically significant manner.

    Now, if you desire me to quote facts and figures I will instead direct you the CDC and FBI crime statistics.

    I am not clarifying his remark, he just did not qualify his remark. I am stating that his remark is not inaccurate and a cite is not required because the claim "one is detrimental to ones life" is (should be) common knowledge. Once again I direct you to the CDC and FBI crime statistics.

    I think his remark is based on a prejudicial viewpoint and not a "clinical" viewpoint.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  23. #23
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Just a helpful word, but if you truly want to become a detective you need to begin perfecting your writing skills. In the field you wish to enter it is very important that reports are written correctly and professionally, and with proper grammar usage. If you don't want to become a prosecutor's worst nightmare, or become personally involved in a lawsuit, this is one skill that you desperately need to perfect.

    Please don't think I am being rude; I am only trying to help. This is one subject that was addressed with extreme importance in certain Criminal Justice classes I have taken, and something that everyone that wants to become a detective should know.
    Here's a really "helpful word" to Polite Posture - EWE DUN GUD! PP's writing skills and grammatical usage already surpass the abilities of most LEO's I have known. Correction... make that most PEOPLE (including college graduates) I have known. Although casual in style, PP's writing does what any good communication should do - it clearly made his point. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  24. #24
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Writing to corporate (or any time)

    Tell them (very briefly) what you are going to say. (one or two sentences)...tell them with more specifics...then tell them briefly what you just said. Build yourself an outline of what you want to say, and build from there.

    Assume that the person reading your missive is just screening all incoming mail as to what the next person up the food chain would be interested in seeing/needs to respond to/ and this person will have no responsibility other than replying with a "canned" response to those things that don't make it up the chain, or passing them up.

    Assume, the individual you are sending this to, that their time is valuable and that there is a very high probability that he/she will only read the opening and the summery to save some of that time...OK?

  25. #25
    Regular Member Polite Posture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Here's a really "helpful word" to Polite Posture - EWE DUN GUD! PP's writing skills and grammatical usage already surpass the abilities of most LEO's I have known. Correction... make that most PEOPLE (including college graduates) I have known. Although casual in style, PP's writing does what any good communication should do - it clearly made his point. Pax...
    Whah thank yew kand sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •