Thread: MGO is down again

MGO is down again

This is a familiar story. How about we start a pool regarding how long it will be down?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    It's back up.

Banned
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    This is a familiar story. How about we start a pool regarding how long it will be down?
    Twenty rounds of 9mm ammo says it will be down until 8 A.M. (ok, just joking, this is NOT an actual bet; I just wanted to join in on the joke).
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    Twenty rounds of 9mm ammo says it will be down until 8 A.M. (ok, just joking, this is NOT an actual bet; I just wanted to join in on the joke).
    Last time it was down a whole week.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Sabotage

It's a conspiracy, The MAN is sabotaging it!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    It's a conspiracy, The MAN is sabotaging it!
    Sad, that that one is the only forum they consider worth attacking....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Works fine for me now.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

MGO is down again

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Works fine for me now.
    That was quick…

It might have been a "denial of services" attack. There were some major banking websites that had this issue last week. I wouldn't put it past some anti-gunners to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    It might have been a "denial of services" attack. There were some major banking websites that had this issue last week. I wouldn't put it past some anti-gunners to do the same.
    It was just a standard postgresql database issue - http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...18&postcount=3
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    That was quick…
    Remember - it's run by volunteers, such as myself.

I fixed it from my cell phone (tethered) as I was on the road while it happened.

Campaign Veteran
    MGO sees 30,000+ Posts per month. With that kind of activity, every once in awhile, the database will misplace a bit.

When that happens it must be fixed manually, which can be easy, or difficult, depending on the bit that gets misplaced. This time it was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    MGO sees 30,000+ Posts per month. With that kind of activity, every once in awhile, the database will misplace a bit.

When that happens it must be fixed manually, which can be easy, or difficult, depending on the bit that gets misplaced. This time it was easy.
    Thanks for your quick help zig!

I understand what volunteering for gun rights is all about