• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC in over 3 years...

Cougar125

March of 2009 temporarily suspended the freedoms I enjoyed so much in WA as I was transferred to California. Having only been back in a free state for 11 days, spending my time unpacking and going to/from work, today was the first day I have been able to run errands. When leaving the house, my g/f asked if I was taking my gun with, to which I replied I was. She gave me a weird look and that was the end of it. Listed below are my stops.

Skagit Famers Supply - 20 minutes. Dropped off some paperwork, special ordered some dog food, bought electric fence stuff. No looks or comments. Uneventful.
Home Depot - 30 minutes. Bought spray paint and sand paper. No looks or comments.
Saars Market Place - 60+ minutes. Grocery shopping. Child commented about MWAG. Parent told child to mind their own business and not bother others then apologized. I replied with a "No worries" and went about my shopping. Offered an OC pamplet.

All in all, great day. More to come and I hope I don't get asked to leave WalMart again (for those that know that story).

hermannr

Every Northwesterner has to go to California at least once in their life to find out why they do not want to live there.

TechnoWeenie

Every Northwesterner has to go to California at least once in their life to find out why they do not want to live there.

Baz Luhrman said it best......

Link

3:47

[video=youtube;sTJ7AzBIJoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI#t=3m47s[/video]

LkWd_Don

LOL What? California?
It is a great place to be from! [/sarcasm]

No really, its a great place to be far away from!

I don't know if Washington is far enough away!

amlevin

Has anyone ever figured out why so many live there and seem to like it? Could it be something in the water or food supply that causes brain damage? Mass Hysteria? Or are they just cultists that are following some unknown leader?

As for me, they should just make a right turn at the Arizona Border with CA and Mexico, building the "fence" all the way around CA. Move the border control check points to the OR/ID/AZ borders and let the whole state become one big "Tijuana".

LkWd_Don

Has anyone ever figured out why so many live there and seem to like it? Could it be something in the water or food supply that causes brain damage? Mass Hysteria? Or are they just cultists that are following some unknown leader?

As for me, they should just make a right turn at the Arizona Border with CA and Mexico, building the "fence" all the way around CA. Move the border control check points to the OR/ID/AZ borders and let the whole state become one big "Tijuana".

LOL Sure you meant NV rather than ID. [/sarcasm]