• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jenny Wiley Pioneer Festival (Gun & Knife Show) 2012

mem1977

The Jenny Wiley Pioneer Festival in Floyd County, City of Prestonsburg, Kentucky will be October 8th thru the 13th of 2012. There will be a gun and knife show (Buy, Sell, and Trade) in the Richmond Parking Lot downtown. Who all will be coming and open carrying? I will be there on the 11th and 13th. Gonna go check out all those beauties. The guns and knives I mean. (LOL)

To find out more click on this ---> Jenny Wiley Pioneer Festival 2012

:banana::shocker::monkey

DrakeZ07

The Jenny Wiley Pioneer Festival in Floyd County, City of Prestonsburg, Kentucky will be October 8th thru the 13th of 2012. There will be a gun and knife show (Buy, Sell, and Trade) in the Richmond Parking Lot downtown. Who all will be coming and open carrying? I will be there on the 11th and 13th. Gonna go check out all those beauties. The guns and knives I mean. (LOL)

Put me down as a 'maybe' on the 11th; 13th and 14th I'll be at Knob Creek :3.

Been looking around for a decent Muzzleloader, wonder if I can find someone to trade one with me for my i-Bolt rifle.

Last edited:

mem1977

Put me down as a 'maybe' on the 11th; 13th and 14th I'll be at Knob Creek :3.

Been looking around for a decent Muzzleloader, wonder if I can find someone to trade one with me for my i-Bolt rifle.

I wanted to go to Knob Creek, but due to finances I can't afford the trip. So, I will be going to Jenny Wiley Festival. It's right in my back door.

neuroblades

Jenny Wiley Fest

There's alot of things in the mix right now but I figure that the lady & I will be in P-burg on the 13th and I ALWAYS OC unless it's raining, then it's CC!

neuroblades

Is this gun show supposed to be in the same lot as the crafts stuff? I know that there were a few folks there hocking knives last year. It would be great if we could all try to meet up someplace together as OC'ers.

mem1977

Is this gun show supposed to be in the same lot as the crafts stuff? I know that there were a few folks there hocking knives last year. It would be great if we could all try to meet up someplace together as OC'ers.

I'm thinking that it is going to be held in the same place as the Arts and Crafts. I'm almost sure of it.

DrakeZ07

Knob Creek and Court Days in Mt. Sterling are the same dates. Both are closer to me and larger than Jenny Wiley. Maybe, once I get to Mt. Sterling, Prestonsberg won't seem so far away. In any case, wherever I am, I'll be OC. We need people to see OC at these events and all other events where its legal.
Here is a link to 45 events around Ky. from now thru Jan. Some are public and some are private, be careful.
http://www.kyfestivals.com/search.p...012&date_end=01/29/2013&go.x=13&go.y=7&page=1

Oh man, I'm glad you reminded me about Court days, xD I forgot all about.

Hmm, okay, sorry mem1977, I'll have to let you and jbones, and whoeverelsethatcandrivetherewithoutgettinglost have all the fun, looks like its Knob creek and Court days for me.

Gutshot, I kinda forgotten your face, so if ya see me by the unemployment office hanging with a crapload of food plates in my immediate vacinity, stop by and say Hi. I'll even share my gator, and funnel cake with ya, but ya have to get your own frog legs, and pulled BBQpork, :p

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There's alot of things in the mix right now but I figure that the lady & I will be in P-burg on the 13th and I ALWAYS OC unless it's raining, then it's CC!

What time do you all plan on arriving? I have never been and I was thinking about driving down on the thirteenth to check it out.

neuroblades

What time do you all plan on arriving? I have never been and I was thinking about driving down on the thirteenth to check it out.

To be honest Glockster, I really don't know at the moment, the lady and I haven't made plans that far ahead in reference to the weekend of the 13th. I'll have to get back to you with a more specific time but at the moment, I'm guessing around 11, maybe 12 noon. I know that the parade's on Saturday and the town kind of locks down early for the prep. Getting into town might be a challenge. *LOL*

I usually, come in on the lower end of town, near Prestonsburg Communit College and park in the Food City lot and then walk up into town. About a miles walk. They run a trolley like bus up and down the road leading into the city proper and if you're lucky, you can catch that and save the walk.

Addtionally, Apple Days will be in full swing this week in Paintsville. Apple Days has become too big of an affair for the little town of Paintsville though and most of the people that reside in the town leave out for other places to escape the outrageous crowds. It's been said that the majority of the folks in Paintsville during Apple Days are from out of town! *LOL* Honestly, I can believe it!

Last edited:

mem1977

Bad news for me guys. I'm sitting here in pain due to an accident I had Friday evening. I took my little nephew on my golf cart to see some neighbors horses. On the way back home I crashed my cart. I hit a bump in the road and lost control. I flipped upside down in a drain about 15 to 20 feet down. As I seen that we were going over I then grabbed my little nephew and shielded him from the fall. He is 3 soon to be 4 years old this month. I took the full force of the blow. He has minor scratches on his body and he is fine. I bruised my ribs, a large scratch on my left side and left knee scuffed bad, bruise on right thigh, and scratches and bruises on my back. I'm in PAIN. It hurts to breath. It hurts to get up from sitting or laying down. It hurts to walk and move my arms. The hospital did blood work, CT Scans, and X-RAYS. All showed up good. No broke or cracked bones.

As for my golf cart... it appears to be fine other than needing a new roof and windshield. The body doesn't have a scratch on it. Which is strange as hell. I don't know if I will be able to attend the Jenny Wiley Festival. I hope to be there... only time will tell.

:cry:

Last edited:

neuroblades

Bad news for me guys. I'm sitting here in pain due to an accident I had Friday evening. I took my little nephew on my golf cart to see some neighbors horses. On the way back home I crashed my cart. I hit a bump in the road and lost control. I flipped upside down in a drain about 15 to 20 feet down. As I seen that we were going over I then grabbed my little nephew and shielded him from the fall. He is 3 soon to be 4 years old this month. I took the full force of the blow. He has minor scratches on his body and he is fine. I bruised my ribs, a large scratch on my left side and left knee scuffed bad, bruise on right thigh, and scratches and bruises on my back. I'm in PAIN. It hurts to breath. It hurts to get up from sitting or laying down. It hurts to walk and move my arms. The hospital did blood work, CT Scans, and X-RAYS. All showed up good. No broke or cracked bones.

As for my golf cart... it appears to be fine other than needing a new roof and windshield. The body doesn't have a scratch on it. Which is strange as hell. I don't know if I will be able to attend the Jenny Wiley Festival. I hope to be there... only time will tell.

:cry:

Get in to see a doctor about those ribs, you might've done more damage than you suspect! As for the rest, start taking meavy doese of ibuprophen, unless you're allergic to it. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

neuroblades

I should have a time and such for you by Friday evening.

Well, I thought that I'd be able to make it to this event but after spending some time up there this evening and talking to someone of the people, I've decided to skip it. No one knew anything about any kind of "gun show" that was to be had there tomorrow.

In light of that and the fact that this event (Jenny Wiley Days) is rather small, we've decided to skip it and head out of town to escape the hoopla. Sorry folks.

mem1977

I don't know why the City of Prestonsburg, KY stated on their website that they were having a gun an knife show. I was able to go today. When I got in town I searched all over and saw nothing. I saw one booth that had some knives in glass cases. That was all I seen. Why advertise something that they are having a gun and knife show and not have any firearms of any type. IT SUCKED ASS... VERY DISAPPOINTED...

:banghead::mad::cry:

Last edited:

neuroblades

Encountered the same thing last year at the Jenny Wiley Fest as well, all they had were a bunch of old ratty looking cheap knives that they wanted top dollar for but no guns. There had been a "gun show" in Paintsville during Apple Days about 2 or 3 years back and nothing ever came of it either. Sadly, the folks around here either aren't really all that interested or they just gave up on the idea.

mem1977

I had contacted the festival via email about the gun show and this is the email they responded with....

I am very sorry. I was disappointed as well that it didn't work out. When we started planning our festival and the brochure. We were approached by gun knife dealers and asked would we have a show. We planned a spot and had applications and had a tent ready to put up. However these knife gun vendors discovered that our festival fell on the same date as a trade show they all go to. Their other show only falls on the same date as our festival every four years. They promised that next year they would have it. However all of our advertising had be done already. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you enjoyed other parts if the festival. Please email me next year and I will confirm if we are having it before you make the trip.

Thank you,
Jennifer Gardner