• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Shoots Masked Teen in New Fairfield, Then Discovers Its His Son

SFCRetired

Prayers go out for that father. Being a father and grandfather myself, I cannot even imagine what is now going through his mind.

I also wonder if we will ever understand what this fifteen-year-old thought he was doing or what he had intentions of doing. Masked and with a knife in his hand in his aunt's driveway at one o'clock in the morning? That doesn't sound like the nice, polite, easy-going kid description he was supposed to fit.

I also do not understand the police focus on whether or not the firearm was registered. Seems to me like they are fishing for something to charge this father with instead of trying to determine why the son acted as he did.