• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid Canadians ..

Fallschirjmäger

~~It's Canadia where the igloos don't melt even in summer ~~
But would that mean someone with a topless Jeep or an old British roadster would be ticketed for the same?

To my way of thinking, a car with the ignition locked is Secured.

mwaterous

I suppose it would be alright to call the entire American population stupid for every state law that doesn't pass the common sense test?

Fallschirjmäger

I hope you didn't take my remark for anything other than sarcasm, it wasn't meant as an indictment of an entire population, just an illustration of the way some mistakenly think of Canada as always being cold.

mwaterous

I hope you didn't take my remark for anything other than sarcasm, it wasn't meant as an indictment of an entire population, just an illustration of the way some mistakenly think of Canada as always being cold.

No, not you. :) Canada is cold, and I was referring to the thread title.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...To my way of thinking, a car with the ignition locked is Secured.

That was my thought. If the law doesn't define "secured," the real idiot is the one that lets themselves get pissed on by the cops and law and feels good that in the end, they only got a warning.

Fallschirjmäger

No doors, no radio, most people don't even bother to purchase the optional top.....

How ya gonna secure one of these?
caterham-super-seven-01.jpg

Last edited:

papa bear

stupid law. i would have told them, if i wanted to set it on fire and piss on it to put it out , it would be none of their blankin business. but then you get the government you deserve

CCinMaine

They wouldn't have liked my last car...uploadfromtaptalk1348987701330.jpg
This was before we completely destroyed it on 4 wheeler trails in the woods. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jack House

How is this any worse than the American counterparts?

News flash: Many American states and municipalities have similar laws. Ergo it's not just the 'stupid Canadians.'
eusa_shhh.gif

Jack House