Thread: OCing and Restrooms

OCing and Restrooms

Ok so I have to ask anyone that has experience,

When you OC and use a public restroom (stall) do you move your weapon at all during the process. I just know that if the pants go to the floor it would be easier axcess for someone in the stall next to you to grab it and try to make a move. I usually try to keep the weapon up high, (pants around the legs) but I am just curious as to what others may or may not do. Wierd subject I know but practical. Thanks for any input.

Well with the pants down in the normal position I'd put the gun inside the pants in the underwear so it can't be seen from the outside and so that you can't forget it.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Pretty much the same thing. Also, I go to the stall farthest from the door and next to a wall so there is only one "neighbor".

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Nothing could make me use a public stall. UGH.
    But it sounds like good advice.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Just make sure you don't tap your feet...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Wear diapers .... if you are that concerned ...

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Wear diapers .... if you are that concerned ...
    My motto is if I can make it to the bathroom I can make it back to my house.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Just make sure you don't tap your feet...
    ...and that you don't utilize a "wide stance"

Re: OCing and Restrooms

Some stalls have a baby changing table. That's where my gun goes when the duce is calling or its tucked in the boxers till I'm through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The holster I use most often has a strap that snaps on the other side of the second belt loop. Neither belt or weapon go to the floor.

Personally think it is a bad idea to remove your weapon when in a public place. If something happens (fire comes to mind for something that could distract you...) you may just forget it. It has made the news when a security guard forgot hers in a public restroom, and a school janitor out here in the last couple years.

When you have carried for any amount of time, I'd think that resecuring your firearm would be just part of the routine... zip up, buckle belt, check and reposition firearm...etc I don't understand how anyone would leave their gun.

When you have carried for any amount of time, I'd think that resecuring your firearm would be just part of the routine... zip up, buckle belt, check and reposition firearm...etc I don't understand how anyone would leave their gun.

OCing and Restrooms

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    It happens. Guess you didn't hear about the Secret Service agent who left his gun in the bathroom on Romney's plane. It was found by a journalist. I agree with those who have said not to remove the gun from it's holster. Just keep the pants up around your knees and hold the gun in place if necessary. How many people actually number two in a public bathroom often enough to worry about this...lol
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by ethorman View Post
    Ok so I have to ask anyone that has experience,

When you OC and use a public restroom (stall) do you move your weapon at all during the process. I just know that if the pants go to the floor it would be easier axcess for someone in the stall next to you to grab it and try to make a move. I usually try to keep the weapon up high, (pants around the legs) but I am just curious as to what others may or may not do. Wierd subject I know but practical. Thanks for any input.
    I'm on the road all day so I face this situation daily. I keep a skeleton frame sheath Buck Skinner on my week side. Anyone makes a grab under the stall wall is gonna end up bleeding. I also use a level 2 retention holster.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It happens. Guess you didn't hear about the Secret Service agent who left his gun in the bathroom on Romney's plane. It was found by a journalist. I agree with those who have said not to remove the gun from it's holster. Just keep the pants up around your knees and hold the gun in place if necessary. How many people actually number two in a public bathroom often enough to worry about this...lol
    Travel is my job, so this hapens on a regular basis. Of course at my age, "regular" is an objective.

I alwyas hang my pistol from the coat hook on the back of bathroom stall door.
    I mean what the hell, isnt that what the trigger guard was designed for?
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

All anyone would see is an empty holster for those "lengthy" excursions. I do the cowboy pistol spin with my finger......what else am I gunna do while waiting for nature to takes its natural course.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I do the cowboy pistol spin with my finger......
    I do the same, but I dont use my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    I do the same, but I dont use my finger.
    Wouldn't that cause a accidental discharge?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wouldn't that cause a accidental discharge?
    Yes, but not from the gun.
    Last edited by Sig229; 10-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.