• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing and Restrooms

ethorman

Ok so I have to ask anyone that has experience,

When you OC and use a public restroom (stall) do you move your weapon at all during the process. I just know that if the pants go to the floor it would be easier axcess for someone in the stall next to you to grab it and try to make a move. I usually try to keep the weapon up high, (pants around the legs) but I am just curious as to what others may or may not do. Wierd subject I know but practical. Thanks for any input. :eek:

Phoenix David

Well with the pants down in the normal position I'd put the gun inside the pants in the underwear so it can't be seen from the outside and so that you can't forget it.

CCinMaine

Some stalls have a baby changing table. That's where my gun goes when the duce is calling or its tucked in the boxers till I'm through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hermannr

The holster I use most often has a strap that snaps on the other side of the second belt loop. Neither belt or weapon go to the floor.

Personally think it is a bad idea to remove your weapon when in a public place. If something happens (fire comes to mind for something that could distract you...) you may just forget it. It has made the news when a security guard forgot hers in a public restroom, and a school janitor out here in the last couple years.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
When you have carried for any amount of time, I'd think that resecuring your firearm would be just part of the routine... zip up, buckle belt, check and reposition firearm...etc I don't understand how anyone would leave their gun.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
When you have carried for any amount of time, I'd think that resecuring your firearm would be just part of the routine... zip up, buckle belt, check and reposition firearm...etc I don't understand how anyone would leave their gun.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

It happens. Guess you didn't hear about the Secret Service agent who left his gun in the bathroom on Romney's plane. It was found by a journalist. I agree with those who have said not to remove the gun from it's holster. Just keep the pants up around your knees and hold the gun in place if necessary. How many people actually number two in a public bathroom often enough to worry about this...lol :D

No hate

Ok so I have to ask anyone that has experience,

When you OC and use a public restroom (stall) do you move your weapon at all during the process. I just know that if the pants go to the floor it would be easier axcess for someone in the stall next to you to grab it and try to make a move. I usually try to keep the weapon up high, (pants around the legs) but I am just curious as to what others may or may not do. Wierd subject I know but practical. Thanks for any input. :eek:

I'm on the road all day so I face this situation daily. I keep a skeleton frame sheath Buck Skinner on my week side. Anyone makes a grab under the stall wall is gonna end up bleeding. I also use a level 2 retention holster.

okiephlyer

It happens. Guess you didn't hear about the Secret Service agent who left his gun in the bathroom on Romney's plane. It was found by a journalist. I agree with those who have said not to remove the gun from it's holster. Just keep the pants up around your knees and hold the gun in place if necessary. How many people actually number two in a public bathroom often enough to worry about this...lol :D
Travel is my job, so this hapens on a regular basis. Of course at my age, "regular" is an objective.

OC for ME

All anyone would see is an empty holster for those "lengthy" excursions. I do the cowboy pistol spin with my finger......what else am I gunna do while waiting for nature to takes its natural course.