• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in mayberry

papa bear

this has happened in Mayberry in just the past few weeks. i think about all the time that i could have walked in on any of theses robberies. there have been a few killed in store robberies in the last couple of years.

if this could happen in Mayberry, what about your town?

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full...y-suspects-in-custody?instance=search_results

http://mtairynews.com/pages/full_st...add=true&id=20270320#cb_post_comment_20270320

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full...oots-at-armed-robbers?instance=search_results

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full...d-with-Arnder’s-death?instance=search_results

this was just three miles north of town. real close to my house
http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full...sted-in-store-robbery?instance=search_results

papa bear

what is bad was this was in the past two weeks. just thought it was ironic that this is Mayberry, but then Dobson has their share too

eye95

To answer the titular question, Barney. He may only have a single bullet, but that still requires a single gun to use it safely and effectively.

TrailRunner

Winston sees its share of.. issues. I live just outside the limits in a quiet neighborhood, which limits the influence. That's no guarantee, mind, but I haven't heard of any fights, burglaries, or violence in this neighborhood in three years. Good folks here.

papa bear

To answer the titular question, Barney. He may only have a single bullet, but that still requires a single gun to use it safely and effectively.

Hey EYE95 where ya been.

i have no idea what your post means, especially to the regards of the OP. but, i have always thought of myself as Brisco Darling, but one of my favorites is Earnest T. Bass

eye95

Hey EYE95 where ya been.

i have no idea what your post means, especially to the regards of the OP. but, i have always thought of myself as Brisco Darling, but one of my favorites is Earnest T. Bass

It was a humorous reference to Barney Fife, Mayberry deputy sheriff who used to carry a single bullet in his pocket.

I moved into a management position on Maxwell and have been really busy. Every day I go to work has to be a no-carry day. :(

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bzfrt5
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It was a humorous reference to Barney Fife, Mayberry deputy sheriff who used to carry a single bullet in his pocket.
Barney needs to up his game. One is none and two is one.

Smith owns both the .38-caliber pistol and a more-powerful 9mm handgun with a clip holding extra rounds, but grabbed the smaller-caliber weapon. “That was the first one I could get to,”

But then, the reportologist also needs to get a few things straight - and I'm not even going to get into the "clip" vs. magazine issue.

stay safe.

Tony_B

These types of stories happen every day in this area. Sometimes multiple violent crimes and murder are committed in a given day.

The demographic here is far different and one had better keep one's head on a swivel when away from home. When at home there is the problem of home invasions.

I have a friend whose next door neighbor was the victim of a home invasion about six months ago. I have talked with her for the past 10 years and until I'm blue in the face about her incredibly urgent need to move from that neighborhood but she's going to be stubborn to the end. And it's not going to end well for her or her son I'm afraid.

What many of you know is that local news organizations only report on local news and crimes, sometimes regional, but never from another area or market. One reason for this is that people not catch on to how many violent crimes actually take place across America each and every day including the outrageously violent and evil nature of 99% of those crimes.

A woman was murdered a couple of months ago in her own front yard for telling a car load of "youths" to slow down while traveling in her neighborhood after they almost hit her and her dog. The driver backed up his car, the shooter got out, shot and murdered her in front of her 15 year old daughter and boyfriend.

Mayberry doesn't exist. It only existed in a scripted television show. What is shown on television is called 'programming' for a reason. What is being sold on television is a form of mental abuse and propaganda that is opposite of what takes place in the real world. It's meant to disarm the viewer by showing people and scenarios that are not consistent with known patterns of behavior and FBI crime statistics.

Last edited:

eye95

I haven't seen a Mayberry in a while. But I can assure you from personal experience that they did exist.

BTW, in what way did the demographic of that neighborhood change to convince you that it was unsafe? In my experience, it is the crime rate that makes a neighborhood unsafe. Not the demographic.

<o>

SFCRetired

I haven't seen a Mayberry in a while. But I can assure you from personal experience that they did exist.

BTW, in what way did the demographic of that neighborhood change to convince you that it was unsafe? In my experience, it is the crime rate that makes a neighborhood unsafe. Not the demographic.

<o>

There are certain groups who, because of their visibility, are typically stereotyped as being a threat to others. While there are members of those groups, a minority, who commit crimes, the vast majority of those groups are law-abiding, hard-working citizens just as others, who are not members of those groups, are.

The perception is that, when one of those groups begins to move into a neighborhood, the area around, and in, the neighborhood becomes unsafe. I have not found that perception to be true except in very, very rare instances. In those instances, it is the minority of those groups who have moved in and bring the crime with them.

papa bear

hey TONY, just to let you know i do live in Mayberry. it could actual be a TV show today :rolleyes:. with all the drama and idiot things that go on around here.

as far as "groups" go, all groups are 90% law abiding, weather muslim, motor cycle gangs, or even wasps. everybody is an individual in the sense it is up to each individual how they themselves are going to act.

as far as going into a convenient store, the first killing i knew of was 30 years ago, and happens on a regular basis around here. i really am leery when i go into a place. that is one of the reasons i carry.

the mayor (she is well aware i carry) told me the other day it probably a good thing i didn't walk in on the robberies because someone would have died