Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan tells Ohio he will protect our gun rights.

Ryan tells Ohio he will protect our gun rights.

And here we have his running mate who:

In the 2002 C-Span2 Gubernatorial debate - "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them," he said "I won't chip away at them"
    07-01-04 Gov Romney's News Release - "Governor Mit Romney today signed into law a PERMANENT assault weapons ban..."
    In the same 07-01-04 Gov. Romney's News Release - "These guns are not made for recreation or delf-defense," Romney said. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
    Older issues of the NRA's own magazine has various articles on the "enemy of the 2nd amendment" / "anti rights" / "Anti-Gun" Gov. Romney. They also list him as a "big supporter" of:
    The Brady Registration act (Boston Globe 06-12-94)
    Mandatory Firearms ID Cards (Boston Globe 2002)
    5-Day Waiting Period (Lowell Sun 03-30-02)
    Federal Feinstein Gun Ban (Lowell Sun 03-30-02)
    SIGNED the Mass. Semi-Automatic Ban (07-01-04)

He has a much worse record than his opponent.

Romney looks like Thomas Jefferson compared to obama, who has one of the worst voting records when it comes to our fundamental liberties, but what should we expect being raised by communists.

<sarcasm>They also said that Kim Kashardian married for love.</sarcasm>
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Romney looks like Thomas Jefferson compared to obama, who has one of the worst voting records when it comes to our fundamental liberties, but what should we expect being raised by communists.
    Mitt Romney looks like Clinton compared to Obama.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8239

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Mitt Romney looks like Clinton compared to Obama.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8239
    Assuming Willard wins, you'll be hearing the crying of people who voted for him because he was a "better" choice regarding gun rights than Obamalama was.

Rather have a guy in office who wants to try to get a big bite at an apple and fail than one who'll take smaller bites an succeeds?

That may be the choice ... Willard is anti-gun. Obamalama haters (not that there is anything wrong with that) need to realize this and should have realized this before the primaries were over.

Only a fast moving Greyhound bus can help us now .... go ahead Willard, take that step onto the street .... it won't hurt, I promise (but then again, the GOP could nominate a more pro-gun control candidate)

Obamalama may be a better choice when it comes to preserving our gun rights .... especially if the GOP holds both houses.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-01-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Ryan Tells Ohio He Will Protect Our Gun Rights.
    According to Citizen's Law of Politician Credibility he is lying. A corollary to Citizen's Law is that initially you can plan on any utterance by a politician being 180-degrees from the truth. Later, you may discover it was only 170-degrees from the truth, but you can begin operational planning on whatever is 180-degrees from the utterance.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Assuming Willard wins, you'll be hearing the crying of people who voted for him because he was a "better" choice regarding gun rights than Obamalama was.

Rather have a guy in office who wants to try to get a big bite at an apple and fail than one who'll take smaller bites an succeeds?

That may be the choice ... Willard is anti-gun. Obamalama haters (not that there is anything wrong with that) need to realize this and should have realized this before the primaries were over.

Only a fast moving Greyhound bus can help us now .... go ahead Willard, take that step onto the street .... it won't hurt, I promise (but then again, the GOP could nominate a more pro-gun control candidate)

Obamalama may be a better choice when it comes to preserving our gun rights .... especially if the GOP holds both houses.
    The only thing that matters this election is Supreme Court appointments! I already know what type of person Obama will appoint! You will now come back with, "But he won't be able to appoint others like the first two if Republicans control both houses," to which I say it wouldn't matter. Look at all of those in the Senate that currently say they completely support our RKBA (both Ds and Rs), and then tell me, who was it that confirmed the appointments of Obama's?

I have been desperately struggling with who to vote for this election, and I have decided I am going to vote the Libertarian party. I cannot in good faith vote for either of these candidates, because I would be dishonoring my own constitution, and the sacred document if I did so.

I will not disrespect the men that gave life and blood to found this country by voting for someone who does not believe in what those men accomplished, and who does not respect the sacrifice they made to ensure our freedom and liberty!
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 10-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Activist Member
    Now, concerning Mr. Ryan: he is lying! Congressman Ryan is full of sh*t, basically because he will have NO say in what happens to our Second Amendment rights because he will have NO authority in the matter. If the Senate was to magically enter into a tied vote concerning the issue then he would have a say, but unless that happens his little speech means nothing!

He has voted for SOME good legislation as a congressman, but that doesn't mean Romney will do the same.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Now, concerning Mr. Ryan: he is lying! Congressman Ryan is full of sh*t, basically because he will have NO say in what happens to our Second Amendment rights because he will have NO authority in the matter. If the Senate was to magically enter into a tied vote concerning the issue then he would have a say, but unless that happens his little speech means nothing!

He has voted for SOME good legislation as a congressman, but that doesn't mean Romney will do the same.
    Only hope is a drug crazed bus driver ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3ieifrqyQ

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

We have a better chance of controlling/influencing Romney in gun-rights, Supreme Court nominees than with Obama. Obama has been in re-election mode since Jan 2009. He won't be in re-election mode for the next four years. What has he done in the last four years? Want more of the same or God forbid worse? Very doubtful Romney will go extreme.

Bottom line....Do you want Obama for 4 more years? If not, how do propose to remedy the situation at this time?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

As the old joke goes, how can you tell if a politician is lying? his lips are moving. and the joke is on US.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I have been desperately struggling with who to vote for this election, and I have decided I am going to vote the Libertarian party. I cannot in good faith vote for either of these candidates, because I would be dishonoring my own constitution, and the sacred document if I did so.
    How about honoring the U.S. Constitution, instead? I took an oath to support and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic. To me that means doing everything in my power to ensure the Kenyan Muslim is voted OUT of office. I would shirking my duty, FAILING my oath if I were to throw my vote away on any candidate that had zero chance of defeating Obama. The only way to honor my oath is to pick and acceptable candidate who stands at least some chance of defeating Obama and backing that candidate.

I will not disrespect the men that gave life and blood to found this country by voting for someone who does not believe in what those men accomplished, and who does not respect the sacrifice they made to ensure our freedom and liberty!
    So instead you're disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country by tossing your vote out the window.

Nice... (facepalm)
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    So instead you're disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country by tossing your vote out the window.

Nice... (facepalm)
    Not voting for the flip flopping gun grabber YOU want to be president is disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country?
    Your out of line.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    The Libertarian will not win--and not just because those of us who say he can't won't vote for him. If everyone who thought like he does voted for him, he'd still lose--badly.

If he were not in the race, the overwhelming majority of votes that would be for him would go to Romney. A tiny fraction would go to Obama. A slightly larger fraction would stay home, but the net result would be a Romney gain on Obama.

Therefore, votes for him hurt Romney and help Obama.

Romney is not perfect, but he is miles better than Obama.

By voting for the Libertarian, a voter helps the less desirable candidate out of the only two who can possibly win.

When your finger is poised over the button, I implore you to think about this just one more time, search your heart, and do the right thing.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Not voting for the flip flopping gun grabber YOU want to be president is disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country?
    Your out of line.
    And you propose....Gary Johnson? A losing candidate who can't do anything to effect change?

So you prefer the current administration. So if your guy can't be in office, you want to punish the rest of the country for your selfish desire and allow the current leftist regime in power? Interesting thought process.
    ~Mark Twain

I'm with you, KYGlockster... My wife and I are BOTH voting Johnson... I don't care what anyone says, the act of voting for the lesser of two evils is evil. Call it a wasted vote if you want, but I don't see it that way... Johnson is polling over 10% here in Ohio, and the more people realize that there IS a third choice, the more they are liking him. Will J win? I doubt it, but, like the Browns, I'll root for them to the end!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The Libertarian will not win--and not just because those of us who say he can't won't vote for him. If everyone who thought like he does voted for him, he'd still lose--badly.
    If everyone that thought like him, voted for him, the Republicans would lose nearly their entire voter base and the Democrats would lose a huge portion as well.

If he were not in the race, the overwhelming majority of votes that would be for him would go to Romney. A tiny fraction would go to Obama. A slightly larger fraction would stay home, but the net result would be a Romney gain on Obama.
    Nope, if Johnson were not in the race, most of his supporters would either right in Ron Paul or not vote. Those of us voting for Johnson are doing so because we feel he's the only person on the ballot worth voting for and that a vote for either Obama or Romney is consent for their anti-constitution actions.

Therefore, votes for him hurt Romney and help Obama.
    Obama wants to ban guns. Romney has banned guns. Obama wants to take other misc rights away, so does Romney. There's no difference.

Romney is not perfect, but he is miles better than Obama.
    Obamacare is evil right? So what does that make the bill it was spawned from, which would be Romneycare? Obama wants to take away our rights, correct? That's why he appointed an anti-rights judge to SCOTUS, right? So what do you think Romney, who signed the strongest anti-gun rights law in the nation and supported the Clinton AWB?

Romney is not miles better than Obama. Don't kid yourself.

By voting for the Libertarian, a voter helps the less desirable candidate out of the only two who can possibly win.
    The less desirable candidate is Romney. Do I want 4 more years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery or do I want 8 years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery followed by 8 years of whatever rights hating, gun grabbing politician the Democrats decide to sick on us? Answer: I want the cycle to stop, which means withdrawing my support of it by voting for a candidate that will put an end to the vicious cycle.

No more party politics for me, I refuse to be a part of the group that is going to doom our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    And you propose....Gary Johnson? A losing candidate who can't do anything to effect change?

So you prefer the current administration. So if your guy can't be in office, you want to punish the rest of the country for your selfish desire and allow the current leftist regime in power? Interesting thought process.
    My "selfish desire" is for all men to have the most individual liberty possible in our society.
    If enough of you value-compromising types remain blinded long enough you'll ruin our country. So amazing how fox news and the GOP pull your string so easily. Dance, little redbaron, dance.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Do I want 4 more years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery or do I want 8 years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery followed by 8 years of whatever rights hating, gun grabbing politician the Democrats decide to sick on us? Answer: I want the cycle to stop, which means withdrawing my support of it by voting for a candidate that will put an end to the vicious cycle.

No more party politics for me, I refuse to be a part of the group that is going to doom our nation.
    ^^^^This. Very well said.

Banned
    As I stated, I have nothing more to say on the subject. However, since the key line in my one thing to say was not quoted with the rest, I will simply repeat it:

"When your finger is poised over the button, I implore you to think about this just one more time, search your heart, and do the right thing."

If everyone that thought like him, voted for him, the Republicans would lose nearly their entire voter base and the Democrats would lose a huge portion as well.

Nope, if Johnson were not in the race, most of his supporters would either right in Ron Paul or not vote. Those of us voting for Johnson are doing so because we feel he's the only person on the ballot worth voting for and that a vote for either Obama or Romney is consent for their anti-constitution actions.

Obama wants to ban guns. Romney has banned guns. Obama wants to take other misc rights away, so does Romney. There's no difference.

Obamacare is evil right? So what does that make the bill it was spawned from, which would be Romneycare? Obama wants to take away our rights, correct? That's why he appointed an anti-rights judge to SCOTUS, right? So what do you think Romney, who signed the strongest anti-gun rights law in the nation and supported the Clinton AWB?

Romney is not miles better than Obama. Don't kid yourself.

The less desirable candidate is Romney. Do I want 4 more years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery or do I want 8 years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery followed by 8 years of whatever rights hating, gun grabbing politician the Democrats decide to sick on us? Answer: I want the cycle to stop, which means withdrawing my support of it by voting for a candidate that will put an end to the vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    My "selfish desire" is for all men to have the most individual liberty possible in our society.
    If enough of you value-compromising types remain blinded long enough you'll ruin our country. So amazing how fox news and the GOP pull your string so easily. Dance, little redbaron, dance.

Interesting, you both play right into the hands of the Dems...they want you to vote this way...it benefits them.
    ~Mark Twain

Interesting, you both play right into the hands of the Dems...they want you to vote this way...it benefits them.
    News flash: There's 0 (ZERO, ZILCH, NADA) difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. The Republicans aren't the only ones losing votes to Johnson, a very large number of formerly Democrat voters will be voting Johnson as well.

I really wish you people would get it through your thick skulls that you're the biggest threat to this nation by continuing to vote for 'the lesser of two evils.' There is no such thing as a lesser of two evils. Both the Democrats and Republicans are evil, both equally support huge government, both salivate over the idea of a police state, both want to take a match to the constitution.

Guess what? Romney WILL lose this election. There's no doubt about it. Guess why? Because people just like you are going to vote for who they feel to be the lesser of two evils(L2E), only they will be voting for Obama.

All I hear from the L2E people are Romney is better because OBAMA. Obama is better because ROMNEY.

But but but REPUBLICAN
    But but but DEMOCRAT
    But but but GUNS
    But but but RIGHTS
    But but but EVIL

Obama catches a lot of flack for signing that NDAA bill with the indefinite detention clause. As he damn well should. But not when it means ignoring that the MAJORITY OF REPUBLICAN "REPRESENTATIVES" voted for that very same bill.

Obama gets a lot of flack for appointing rights hating politicians to SCOTUS. Where's the flack for the Republicans that CONFIRMED them?

I'm fairly positive that hatred for the wire tapping bill and PATRIOT Act is pretty close to universal here. So why is there so much staunch support for the Republicans who gave us those wholesale evil, constitution shredding bills?

Loads of hatred for the TSA. The TSA was created under Bush. Why do you keep forgetting this?

Almost every last one of you want to see Obama flayed for Fast And Furious. But that was a policy created by Bush and continued by Obama.

A vote for Romney/Republicans is a vote for the continued degradation of our rights. Until people realize this, this country is going to continue heading downhill and it's just going to pick up speed.

So I'd like to be the first person to thank you. Thank you, L2E people for ruining our country. Thank you for supporting tyranny and the destruction of our rights as human beings. Should there ever come a time when our country is forced into wide spread rebellion to topple a tyrannical government, I hope you hold you head high, you consented to tyranny, you voted it into office. You did. Not I, not the other people here that said "you know what? These party politics, they're damaging our country. They're dividing the people and making it easier for big government to conquer us. I refuse to continue supporting that which is destroying everything we as Americans have stood for during the last 200 some odd years."

So if you go and vote Romney, know that you're voting for a presidential candidate with a history of signing away our freedoms. Don't make excuses, be proud! Because when Romney loses and Obama continues to hold office, you got what exactly what you wanted: a rights hating, gun grabbing politician that is more concerned about increasing the government's illegal power, it's illegitimate authority, than protecting your rights.

As I stated, I have nothing more to say on the subject. However, since the key line in my one thing to say was not quoted with the rest, I will simply repeat it:

"When your finger is poised over the button, I implore you to think about this just one more time, search your heart, and do the right thing."
    To be a bit more clear, I'll consider all that I know about the candidates, I will think about my choice and I'll vote with a clean conscience because I'll have decided that there will be

Founder's Club Member
    Interesting. You play right into the hands of the Repubs. They want you to vote this way. It benefits them.

Come on. Really. The Republicans had as much chance as the Dems over the last forty years to straighten things out. What we got was forty years of business-as-usual. They're just as culpable as the Dems. Sky-high debt, deficit spending (same thing), recessions, centrally-planned credit, inflation, a huge fedgov, rights-strangling regulation...

The Republicrats and Democans are just two wings of the same bird of prey. Neither is in it for the country. Both are in it for themselves.

Its about 99 years, five wars, and $54T past time to put a stop to it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Interesting. You play right into the hands of the Repubs. They want you to vote this way. It benefits them.

Come on. Really. The Republicans had as much chance as the Dems over the last forty years to straighten things out. What we got was forty years of business-as-usual. They're just as culpable as the Dems. Sky-high debt, deficit spending (same thing), recessions, centrally-planned credit, inflation, a huge fedgov, rights-strangling regulation...

The Republicrats and Democans are just two wings of the same bird of prey. Neither is in it for the country. Both are in it for themselves.

Its about 99 years, five wars, and $54T past time to put a stop to it.
    So voting for Gary Johnson fixes all this? In this election, I guess I don't mind being played by the repubs...it beats the Dems.

Can it be fixed in this election? Voting for who would resolve this issue?
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 10-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    ~Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast