• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Could we get a list started?

okiephlyer

November 1 is rushing up at us. Looking at the reality of the situation, knowing that there will be unlawful stops of people open carrying, is there any way to get a list of pro-2A, pro-OC lawyers compiled to have as a ready reference for when it happens. I have no idea of how to find the information, other that to start calling every lawyer in the book. However, I'm sure that many of them would claim to be whatever you want him to be, just to get a potential client. (Sorry if this sounds like an attack on lawyers, it is not meant to be)
Suggestions?
Comments?

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Frankly, I've yet to see a single attorney in this state step up and say, "I've studied the new law, and I'm prepared to represent anyone with a problem". There are a few of the provisions that may need clarification through case law, but of course I'm a lowly wrecker driver, and not a lawyer..so what do I know, right?

We are working on a sticky that will answer some of the finer points of the law. We are going to talk about how we plan to handle certain situations. As we learn of experiences that OC'ing Oklahomans have, some of these situations may need to have the response changes.

It's going to be a major learning curve for everyone on either side of the "blue line".

Hopefully, along the way we will pick up an attorney or five who wish to contribute knowledge to the community, and for that, will enjoy a reputation for being a "go to" guy/gal.

gprod55

Frankly, I've yet to see a single attorney in this state step up and say, "I've studied the new law, and I'm prepared to represent anyone with a problem". There are a few of the provisions that may need clarification through case law, but of course I'm a lowly wrecker driver, and not a lawyer..so what do I know, right?

We are working on a sticky that will answer some of the finer points of the law. We are going to talk about how we plan to handle certain situations. As we learn of experiences that OC'ing Oklahomans have, some of these situations may need to have the response changes.

It's going to be a major learning curve for everyone on either side of the "blue line".

Hopefully, along the way we will pick up an attorney or five who wish to contribute knowledge to the community, and for that, will enjoy a reputation for being a "go to" guy/gal.

You might try Attorney Doug Friesen
1-405-239-2722
www.yourgunlawyer.com

Mixael

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure I do), on either Oct 3o or 31 Attorney Doug Friesen is scheduled to give a seminar (if that is the right word) at H&H Gun Range concerning OC in OK. I think that it is a free talk, but haven't got the actual time and date info right now.

okiephlyer

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure I do), on either Oct 3o or 31 Attorney Doug Friesen is scheduled to give a seminar (if that is the right word) at H&H Gun Range concerning OC in OK. I think that it is a free talk, but haven't got the actual time and date info right now.
If you get a chance, ask him if he knows anyone in the Tulsa area. It looks like our list has one name. That's a start.

Brandon9mm

I called his office on Friday and asks if he represents people in Tulsa or if he recommends someone in Tulsa

Last edited:

Brandon9mm

Doug Friesen sent me a message and said that he can provide coverage regionally and in many cases nationally. Maybe we can invite him down to Tulsa to talk to the part of us that don't live in Oklahoma city.