Thread: I open carry everyday now

I open carry everyday now

I have been OC everyday now and will continue to. I get mixed signals sometimes, either a smile or a stare, but I just go about my business. I do find myself more alert to my surroundings and to what is going on. I also picked up a new Serpa holster and like it very much. I carry an XD .45 4".

Banned
    They're just jealous ...

Keep the Faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Paver1055 View Post
    I have been OC everyday now and will continue to. I get mixed signals sometimes, either a smile or a stare, but I just go about my business. I do find myself more alert to my surroundings and to what is going on. I also picked up a new Serpa holster and like it very much. I carry an XD .45 4".
    On occasion you'll run into a subject from the Peoples Republic of California who becomes weepy eyed upon seeing a hand gun being OC by an Arizona citizen.

Don't let it bother you.......just carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paver1055 View Post
    I'm with you. It's rare that I don't open carry, and I carry a full sized Glock Model 21 (.45 ACP) along with a spare magazine on my support side.

I look at it as innoculating the Rubes to seeing decent folk wearing a gun. However, being a gray haired 65 my gun is probably "invisible" to the majority of the population that wanders around in Condition White.

Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 10-02-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Welcome!

I'm an AZ landowner and OC there frequently myself. I'm often in the northern half of the state, so don't get to see what it's like in the more kalifornicated section.

What side of the state are you in? Up north, OC isn't given a second glance.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Welcome!

I'm an AZ landowner and OC there frequently myself. I'm often in the northern half of the state, so don't get to see what it's like in the more kalifornicated section.

What side of the state are you in? Up north, OC isn't given a second glance.
    West valley

I carried openly for years in Arizona before the arrival of concealed weapon permits. I actually prefer concealed carrying these days. Partly to avoid any fuss, as much as I work I just don't want my free time wasted.

But hey, it's all good so long as law abiding citizens are doing as they please . . . safely.