• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I open carry everyday now

Paver1055

I have been OC everyday now and will continue to. I get mixed signals sometimes, either a smile or a stare, but I just go about my business. I do find myself more alert to my surroundings and to what is going on. I also picked up a new Serpa holster and like it very much. I carry an XD .45 4".

GWbiker

I have been OC everyday now and will continue to. I get mixed signals sometimes, either a smile or a stare, but I just go about my business. I do find myself more alert to my surroundings and to what is going on. I also picked up a new Serpa holster and like it very much. I carry an XD .45 4".

On occasion you'll run into a subject from the Peoples Republic of California who becomes weepy eyed upon seeing a hand gun being OC by an Arizona citizen.

Don't let it bother you.......just carry on.

azcdlfred

I'm with you. It's rare that I don't open carry, and I carry a full sized Glock Model 21 (.45 ACP) along with a spare magazine on my support side.

I look at it as innoculating the Rubes to seeing decent folk wearing a gun. However, being a gray haired 65 my gun is probably "invisible" to the majority of the population that wanders around in Condition White.

Fred

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Welcome!

I'm an AZ landowner and OC there frequently myself. I'm often in the northern half of the state, so don't get to see what it's like in the more kalifornicated section.

What side of the state are you in? Up north, OC isn't given a second glance.

Paver1055

Welcome!

I'm an AZ landowner and OC there frequently myself. I'm often in the northern half of the state, so don't get to see what it's like in the more kalifornicated section.

What side of the state are you in? Up north, OC isn't given a second glance.

West valley

EnufIs2Much

I carried openly for years in Arizona before the arrival of concealed weapon permits. I actually prefer concealed carrying these days. Partly to avoid any fuss, as much as I work I just don't want my free time wasted.

But hey, it's all good so long as law abiding citizens are doing as they please . . . safely.