Thread: Call the Governor For Registration Repeal

Banned

Call the Governor For Registration Repeal

The governor has decided to suffocate the registration scheme repeal, despite the fact that it has passed the legislature by a super majority. This guy is going to singlehandedly kill one of the best pro gun laws this state has ever had.

MCRGO had this posted on facebook this morning, I strongly urge you to contact this governor, and tell him to get on the ball here. My email is as follows, links below.

Michigan is one of the few states with the unconstitutional registration scheme for handguns. Its repeal has passed the entire legislature by a supermajority, and is supported by the people. Registration costs millions of dollars a year to track law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent crime, yet the governor and police are stalling it due to their misguided beliefs. Those people took an oath to the constitution and are now in violation of that oath. I strongly urge this so called public servant to get out of the way of this bill and our rights.

At this time, Snyder has zero chance of re election, as neither the democrats nor the republicans in the state can stand him.

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,466...7869--,00.html

https://www.facebook.com/mcrgo

You sent this email to Gov Snyder?

"MCRGO had this posted on facebook this morning, I strongly urge you to contact this governor, and tell him to get on the ball here. My email is as follows, links below."

"Michigan is one of the few states with the unconstitutional registration scheme for handguns. Its repeal has passed the entire legislature by a supermajority, and is supported by the people. Registration costs millions of dollars a year to track law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent crime, yet the governor and police are stalling it due to their misguided beliefs. Those people took an oath to the constitution and are now in violation of that oath. I strongly urge this so called public servant to get out of the way of this bill and our rights."

(emphasis added)

Banned
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    What's your point?
    You referred to the governor in the third person when you were writing him and should have been addressing him in the second person.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You referred to the governor in the third person when you were writing him and should have been addressing him in the second person.
    Fair enough. I never expect the governor to actually read them. Just a tally from a secretary : x# of letters for, x# of letters against.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 10-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Fair enough. I never expect the governor to actually read them. Just a tally from a secretary : x# of letters for, x# of letters against.
    Most likely the case.

Also, when making claims such as, "Registration costs millions of dollars....," you may want to include footnote(s) in your letters/emails to cite your source.

Re: Call the Governor For Registration Repeal

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    Most likely the case.

Also, when making claims such as, "Registration costs millions of dollars....," you may want to include footnote(s) in your letters/emails to cite your source.
    I may be wrong, but couldn't the governor's veto... if he eventually would veto the legislation, be over-ridden?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    I called my governor about my toilet being stopped up. He did not give a S**T, can you believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I may be wrong, but couldn't the governor's veto... if he eventually would veto the legislation, be over-ridden?
    From what I understand, a two-thirds majority vote by both House and Senate would override his veto.

Banned
    Funny, Michigan is in the $#!++er too, and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    From what I understand, a two-thirds majority vote by both House and Senate would override his veto.
    Richardville won't do it. He wants to keep his job options open in the executive branch after his term is up.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I just got off the phone! Had a pleasant conversation with the lady who answered. Basically, they only tally the Yeas and Nays, so no need to write an essay on this issue.

Please call now, it is quite painless and takes only a minute:

Governor Rick Snyder
    T: (517) 373-3400
    F: (517) 335-6863
    Last edited by OC4me; 10-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.