• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call the Governor For Registration Repeal

stainless1911

Banned
The governor has decided to suffocate the registration scheme repeal, despite the fact that it has passed the legislature by a super majority. This guy is going to singlehandedly kill one of the best pro gun laws this state has ever had.

MCRGO had this posted on facebook this morning, I strongly urge you to contact this governor, and tell him to get on the ball here. My email is as follows, links below.

Michigan is one of the few states with the unconstitutional registration scheme for handguns. Its repeal has passed the entire legislature by a supermajority, and is supported by the people. Registration costs millions of dollars a year to track law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent crime, yet the governor and police are stalling it due to their misguided beliefs. Those people took an oath to the constitution and are now in violation of that oath. I strongly urge this so called public servant to get out of the way of this bill and our rights.

At this time, Snyder has zero chance of re election, as neither the democrats nor the republicans in the state can stand him.

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-57827-267869--,00.html

https://www.facebook.com/mcrgo

SpringerXDacp

You sent this email to Gov Snyder?

"MCRGO had this posted on facebook this morning, I strongly urge you to contact this governor, and tell him to get on the ball here. My email is as follows, links below."

"Michigan is one of the few states with the unconstitutional registration scheme for handguns. Its repeal has passed the entire legislature by a supermajority, and is supported by the people. Registration costs millions of dollars a year to track law abiding citizens and does nothing to prevent crime, yet the governor and police are stalling it due to their misguided beliefs. Those people took an oath to the constitution and are now in violation of that oath. I strongly urge this so called public servant to get out of the way of this bill and our rights."

(emphasis added)

SpringerXDacp

Fair enough. I never expect the governor to actually read them. Just a tally from a secretary : x# of letters for, x# of letters against.

Most likely the case.

Also, when making claims such as, "Registration costs millions of dollars....," you may want to include footnote(s) in your letters/emails to cite your source.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Most likely the case.

Also, when making claims such as, "Registration costs millions of dollars....," you may want to include footnote(s) in your letters/emails to cite your source.

I may be wrong, but couldn't the governor's veto... if he eventually would veto the legislation, be over-ridden?

OC4me

I just got off the phone! Had a pleasant conversation with the lady who answered. Basically, they only tally the Yeas and Nays, so no need to write an essay on this issue.

Please call now, it is quite painless and takes only a minute:

Governor Rick Snyder
T: (517) 373-3400
F: (517) 335-6863

Last edited: