Thread: I'm almost retired!!!

I'm almost retired!!!

Just got the call, my percentages from the VA and Army retirement board. I could finally be done within a couple of months!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats and hopefully retirement is good for you.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Re: I'm almost retired!!!

Well, I got my results... 100% from the VA, but only 20% from the army. I'm appealing that now. But not too bad for a first offer from them.

You are aware that 100% Disability for VA is ; Veteran with Spouse Only $2,924 then add another percent from the military is not a bad start....

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/rates/comp01.htm
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

I know. I'm not done being a productive member of society just yet. I'm going to school to become a wildlife biologist. I hear two retirements are better than one

being retired isn't all it's cracked up to be. You'll still need to get another job for a while especially if you have kids at home....but welcome to the world of Chi Gamma Iota....(XGI)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I highly recommend anyone who relies on taxes for retirement be it Social Security, Military pensions, government work, pensions paid by taxes at all.....look for another source of income. The real crash is coming, this means default or hyperinflation there seems to be no other way around it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    I know. I'm not done being a productive member of society just yet. I'm going to school to become a wildlife biologist. I hear two retirements are better than one

Heck, go to work for the State and you could maybe even pull off 3 or 4 retirements. Just make sure you work long enough under different plans.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyeross View Post
    being retired isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Actually, after 10 years of retirement, I'm finding it's everything it's cracked up to be. I kind of did it different than most. Rather than buying all the toys when I was working, and didn't have time to use them, I just put the bucks away for retirement. I'm actually as busy now as I was when working but I just get to do the things I want.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Heck, go to work for the State and you could maybe even pull off 3 or 4 retirements. Just make sure you work long enough under different plans.
    That's exactly my plan. Once I'm done with my wildlife biology degree, I'm going to work for the dept. of fish and wildlife. Hopefully as a biologist. Gamewardens aren't what they used to be. I can't stand the idea of waking up and not having something to do. That would drive me nuts

I am at 50% and just submitted a complete file to the Army Board of Corrections, after that the PDBR is in order. If all goes well I'll be right behind ya. I still have a good job and dont really plan to quit, but the income and benefits would be nice. As for the afore mentioned "Crash", that will affect everyone, job or not. Better stock up on ammo and blankets to feed yourself and keep warm in the winter (if that be the case). I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Congratz on 100% ~ Keep your fingers crossed for another old vet too (me-hehe).

Bat
    Last edited by Batousaii; 10-03-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Not to mention that one can pack a whole bunch of .22LR ammo without adding much weight. It's more than adequate if the other guy has run out because he couldn't carry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I am at 50% and just submitted a complete file to the Army Board of Corrections, after that the PDBR is in order. If all goes well I'll be right behind ya. I still have a good job and dont really plan to quit, but the income and benefits would be nice. As for the afore mentioned "Crash", that will affect everyone, job or not. Better stock up on ammo and blankets to feed yourself and keep warm in the winter (if that be the case). I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Congratz on 100% ~ Keep your fingers crossed for another old vet too (me-hehe).

Bat
    Finger, toes and eyes crossed!