• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm almost retired!!!

DamonK

Just got the call, my percentages from the VA and Army retirement board. I could finally be done within a couple of months!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

Well, I got my results... 100% from the VA, but only 20% from the army. I'm appealing that now. But not too bad for a first offer from them.

DamonK

I know. I'm not done being a productive member of society just yet. I'm going to school to become a wildlife biologist. I hear two retirements are better than one :D

oneeyeross

being retired isn't all it's cracked up to be. You'll still need to get another job for a while especially if you have kids at home....but welcome to the world of Chi Gamma Iota....(XGI)

sudden valley gunner

I highly recommend anyone who relies on taxes for retirement be it Social Security, Military pensions, government work, pensions paid by taxes at all.....look for another source of income. The real crash is coming, this means default or hyperinflation there seems to be no other way around it.

amlevin

I know. I'm not done being a productive member of society just yet. I'm going to school to become a wildlife biologist. I hear two retirements are better than one :D

Heck, go to work for the State and you could maybe even pull off 3 or 4 retirements. Just make sure you work long enough under different plans.

amlevin

being retired isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Actually, after 10 years of retirement, I'm finding it's everything it's cracked up to be. I kind of did it different than most. Rather than buying all the toys when I was working, and didn't have time to use them, I just put the bucks away for retirement. I'm actually as busy now as I was when working but I just get to do the things I want.

DamonK

Heck, go to work for the State and you could maybe even pull off 3 or 4 retirements. Just make sure you work long enough under different plans.

That's exactly my plan. Once I'm done with my wildlife biology degree, I'm going to work for the dept. of fish and wildlife. Hopefully as a biologist. Gamewardens aren't what they used to be. I can't stand the idea of waking up and not having something to do. That would drive me nuts :shocker:

Batousaii

I am at 50% and just submitted a complete file to the Army Board of Corrections, after that the PDBR is in order. If all goes well I'll be right behind ya. I still have a good job and dont really plan to quit, but the income and benefits would be nice. As for the afore mentioned "Crash", that will affect everyone, job or not. Better stock up on ammo and blankets to feed yourself and keep warm in the winter (if that be the case). I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Congratz on 100% ~ Keep your fingers crossed for another old vet too (me-hehe).

Bat:dude:

Last edited:

amlevin

I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Not to mention that one can pack a whole bunch of .22LR ammo without adding much weight. It's more than adequate if the other guy has run out because he couldn't carry enough. :)

DamonK

I am at 50% and just submitted a complete file to the Army Board of Corrections, after that the PDBR is in order. If all goes well I'll be right behind ya. I still have a good job and dont really plan to quit, but the income and benefits would be nice. As for the afore mentioned "Crash", that will affect everyone, job or not. Better stock up on ammo and blankets to feed yourself and keep warm in the winter (if that be the case). I am on a 22lr kick right now, Just picked up two of em, and anoother rifle s in the plans. The 22lr ammo is still cheap and it's a viable survival round for light defense and food.

Congratz on 100% ~ Keep your fingers crossed for another old vet too (me-hehe).

Bat:dude:

Finger, toes and eyes crossed!