Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just purchased my first Glock.

Just purchased my first Glock.

Hey all, this is my first post even though I've been lurking here for a few months.

I went to down LESA and applied for CPL.

It's hasn't arrived yet but I figured I'd go pick out a handgun for when it arrives, plus I can open carry!

I went down to Surplus Ammo and Arms in Lakewook and picked out a Gen 4 Glock 23.

I'm very excited and can't wait to start OCing!

good purchase, I have only one gen 4 (G35 in my avatar) and so far very pleased with it but have a 3rd gen in a G23 that I carried for quite some time (still do on occasion as a backup, my G35/22 mags work in it).

very good gun, mine has been extremely accurate and reliable, perfect compact carry gun IMO.

make sure to purchase a good holster and some mag holders to go with it! and of course lots of bullets...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I have the gen 3 g19. It's a great gun, I wasn't sure I wanted one at first but it's nice and I like the polygonal barrel.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Can't go wrong with a Glock if you're looking for reliability, they simply work in my experience. My first handgun was a Glock 22, and it was my first open carry! Switched to a Glock 23 and then a Glock 19, never had problems with any of them.

Nowadays I carry a 1911 out of personal preference, but if I had the funds I'd definitely add a Glock back to my collection.

Also, GREAT choice going to Surplus Ammo & Arms! I live about 5 minutes from them and that's my go-to store. Perhaps we should set up a Lakewood coffee meet at a Starbucks since there's now several of us in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

This is my preferred stop, also. I picked up my Ruger SP101 there a few months ago. Pricing was very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Hey all, this is my first post even though I've been lurking here for a few months.

I went to down LESA and applied for CPL.

It's hasn't arrived yet but I figured I'd go pick out a handgun for when it arrives, plus I can open carry!

I went down to Surplus Ammo and Arms in Lakewook and picked out a Gen 4 Glock 23.

I'm very excited and can't wait to start OCing!
    My condolences. :-)
    1911's rule

Welcome to the Glock family.
    You have baby Glock. Now ya' need momma and papa Glock.

Check into the Kel-Tec Sub 2000.
    Great companion carbine for the Glock line.

I have both a Glock 30 (sub-compact .45) and a G21 (full size .45 ). Neither has ever failed in any way.

A 1911 is what you show your friends. A Glock is what you show your enemies...
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by skyisfalling View Post
    Welcome to the Glock family.
    You have baby Glock. Now ya' need momma and papa Glock.

Check into the Kel-Tec Sub 2000.
    Great companion carbine for the Glock line.
    He's got the mama glock. So now he needs the big papa (22/35) before he can get a baby Glock (27).

plus one for big papa G35 I OC the one in my avatar every day; don't know why people get the G22 when the 35 is there! Same gun with a 'full size' barrel. If you put it up to a 1911, it's almost identical size wise. Glock is a bit fatter but ya know.

Die hard 1911 guy here but I can't deny Glock's reliability; it's a tupperware gun but it works all the time. My 1911 gets visited every day in my safe as it's jealous of my G35 being my daily carry now.

I still need to add a G27 to my .40 glock lineup. got a couple G19's, love the size but much prefer .40 over 9mm

If you guys are wanting to meet up, I work on fort lewis and could probably make it out for an OC meet. Quantico, Surplus Arms/Tactical tailor are there plus the pawn shop and plenty of good restaurants around there.

Midway has some Glock mags on sale for $21 right now BTW, stock up! (hi-caps too)

Quote Originally Posted by aa1911 View Post
    plus one for big papa G35 I OC the one in my avatar every day; don't know why people get the G22 when the 35 is there! Same gun with a 'full size' barrel. If you put it up to a 1911, it's almost identical size wise. Glock is a bit fatter but ya know.

Die hard 1911 guy here but I can't deny Glock's reliability; it's a tupperware gun but it works all the time. My 1911 gets visited every day in my safe as it's jealous of my G35 being my daily carry now.

I still need to add a G27 to my .40 glock lineup. got a couple G19's, love the size but much prefer .40 over 9mm

If you guys are wanting to meet up, I work on fort lewis and could probably make it out for an OC meet. Quantico, Surplus Arms/Tactical tailor are there plus the pawn shop and plenty of good restaurants around there.

Midway has some Glock mags on sale for $21 right now BTW, stock up! (hi-caps too)
    Die hard 1911 guy and you carry a glock??? NOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Can't go wrong with a Glock if you're looking for reliability, they simply work in my experience.
    So do Sig's
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    So do Sig's
    +1
    Live Free or Die!

Sig 1911, almost the best of both worlds. I am not certain which 1911 would be "the best of both worlds", but Sig approaches it.

Stopped back in at Surplus Ammo and Arms to pick up a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Still no word back on my Glock. I hate waiting. ):

Sent from my iPhone.

Re: Just purchased my first Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Sig 1911, almost the best of both worlds. I am not certain which 1911 would be "the best of both worlds", but Sig approaches it.
    Yup, my Sig P226 is pretty amazing. Love that gun almost as much as my 1911 custom

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Love my Sig 1911 Target. Had a strange thing happen last week though. I was above Wilkeson practicing contolled pairs with my AR and running transitions to my 1911.
    I burned through my mag on the 1911 and went to do a combat reload. As I was pulling my spare mag from the kydex pouch on my hip the bottom plate broke off.
    I always carry my 1911 with Nighthawk Magazines but I was running my drills with the OEM Mags from Sig.
    They are the ones with a bumper pad on them. Now I need to get a new pad to put on there.

It was a good lesson to carry extra mags and/or a backup weapon. Had this been a real occurrence and all I had was my EDC (1911 with one extra mag) I would have been screwed. I would have been reduced to running like hell with nothing but a Buck Knife.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I felt a great disturbance in the force just now.......Another innocent citizen lured over to the Dark Side.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Just got the proceed call!

Sent from my iPhone.

[QUOTE contolled pairs with my AR and running transitions to my 1911.[/QUOTE]
    Good Deal, Deckin.
    Not many others Run & Gun on this forum.

Not many others Run & Gun on this forum.
    Maybe because this is OpenCarry.org, just saying.

Re: Just purchased my first Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    Maybe because this is OpenCarry.org, just saying.
    Actually, practicing tactics and specifically transitions between weapon systems relates directly carrying. If you are going to carry, in any way, you need to be both proficient with your equipment, and confident in your abilities. You don't get that by sitting on your ass, or just plugging away at a range.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    Actually, practicing tactics and specifically transitions between weapon systems relates directly carrying. If you are going to carry, in any way, you need to be both proficient with your equipment, and confident in your abilities. You don't get that by sitting on your ass, or just plugging away at a range.

Run & Gun is my sport. Open Carry is my way of life.

Run & Gun is my sport. Open Carry is my way of life.
    At my age there's not much "Run", but there's plenty of "Gun".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Die hard 1911 guy and you carry a glock??? NOT!!!!

Reminds me of a die hard Harley guy, who rides his Harley when he rides with his boys, but rides his Honda as his daily bike.

I'd love to have a 1911, but the reliability of the Glock is great, it's like the Honda of the gun world.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast