• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just purchased my first Glock.

DamonK

Maybe because this is OpenCarry.org, just saying. ;)

Actually, practicing tactics and specifically transitions between weapon systems relates directly carrying. If you are going to carry, in any way, you need to be both proficient with your equipment, and confident in your abilities. You don't get that by sitting on your ass, or just plugging away at a range.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

skyisfalling

Actually, practicing tactics and specifically transitions between weapon systems relates directly carrying. If you are going to carry, in any way, you need to be both proficient with your equipment, and confident in your abilities. You don't get that by sitting on your ass, or just plugging away at a range.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Run & Gun is my sport. Open Carry is my way of life.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
And the definition of "die hard" is?

I'm liter..., er, figuratively LOL'ing...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Here's one made in the USA... :p

CIMG1929.jpg

amlevin

Even those supposedly "Made in USA" have more than their share of foreign made parts.

It's getting to the point where, if it isn't something grown in US soil, it's not 100% US Made.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Some Glocks don't just go "bang", they go KaBoom. Some well noted pic's all over the net of "Glock Booms".

Well, then we can put every manufacturer in the thread then. My most recent kaboom was a S&W M340PD .357 Magnum that disintegrated its titanium cylinder with a non+P Hornady .38 in it. It's been eight months, and I'm still waiting for a replacement gun from S&W even after I had to pay for it!

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Some Glocks don't just go "bang", they go KaBoom. Some well noted pic's all over the net of "Glock Booms".

I've yet to find a kaboom! Not caused by reloads or faulty ammo. Glock issued an advisory/warning to
avoid certain powder that can cause excessively high pressures. People ignored it.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've yet to find a kaboom! Not caused by reloads or faulty ammo. Glock issued an advisory/warning to
avoid certain powder that can cause excessively high pressures. People ignored it.

Not having fully supported chambers contributed to some Glock failures.

"At the S&W IDPA Winter Championship this past Saturday (28 February) I personally saw a Glock Model 34 with its barrel split top from bottom all the way through the breech. The kB! occurred in front of many witnesses. The shooter was using factory PMC practice ammo."
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

TechnoWeenie

Not having fully supported chambers contributed to some Glock failures.

"At the S&W IDPA Winter Championship this past Saturday (28 February) I personally saw a Glock Model 34 with its barrel split top from bottom all the way through the breech. The kB! occurred in front of many witnesses. The shooter was using factory PMC practice ammo."
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

I do recall a few using 'factory' ammo, one particular case was with Fed Champion .40, and it turned out that HALF the rounds had been pressed deep into their casing, presumably by someone stacking a ton of **** on top of the box.....

Factory ammo isn't perfect.

I will wholeheartedly agree that not having a fully supported chamber is definitely a contributing factor, though.