• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just purchased my first Glock.

Strike

Hey all, this is my first post even though I've been lurking here for a few months.

I went to down LESA and applied for CPL.

It's hasn't arrived yet but I figured I'd go pick out a handgun for when it arrives, plus I can open carry!

I went down to Surplus Ammo and Arms in Lakewook and picked out a Gen 4 Glock 23.

I'm very excited and can't wait to start OCing!

aa1911

good purchase, I have only one gen 4 (G35 in my avatar) and so far very pleased with it but have a 3rd gen in a G23 that I carried for quite some time (still do on occasion as a backup, my G35/22 mags work in it).

very good gun, mine has been extremely accurate and reliable, perfect compact carry gun IMO.

make sure to purchase a good holster and some mag holders to go with it! and of course lots of bullets...

.45ACPaddy

Can't go wrong with a Glock if you're looking for reliability, they simply work in my experience. My first handgun was a Glock 22, and it was my first open carry! Switched to a Glock 23 and then a Glock 19, never had problems with any of them.

Nowadays I carry a 1911 out of personal preference, but if I had the funds I'd definitely add a Glock back to my collection.

Also, GREAT choice going to Surplus Ammo & Arms! I live about 5 minutes from them and that's my go-to store. Perhaps we should set up a Lakewood coffee meet at a Starbucks since there's now several of us in this area.

Venya

This is my preferred stop, also. I picked up my Ruger SP101 there a few months ago. Pricing was very competitive.

Trigger Dr

Hey all, this is my first post even though I've been lurking here for a few months.

I went to down LESA and applied for CPL.

It's hasn't arrived yet but I figured I'd go pick out a handgun for when it arrives, plus I can open carry!

I went down to Surplus Ammo and Arms in Lakewook and picked out a Gen 4 Glock 23.

I'm very excited and can't wait to start OCing!

My condolences. :)
1911's rule

skyisfalling

Welcome to the Glock family.
You have baby Glock. Now ya' need momma and papa Glock.

Check into the Kel-Tec Sub 2000.
Great companion carbine for the Glock line.

SpyderTattoo

I have both a Glock 30 (sub-compact .45) and a G21 (full size .45 ). Neither has ever failed in any way.

A 1911 is what you show your friends. A Glock is what you show your enemies... ;)

aa1911

plus one for big papa G35 I OC the one in my avatar every day; don't know why people get the G22 when the 35 is there! Same gun with a 'full size' barrel. If you put it up to a 1911, it's almost identical size wise. Glock is a bit fatter but ya know.

Die hard 1911 guy here but I can't deny Glock's reliability; it's a tupperware gun but it works all the time. My 1911 gets visited every day in my safe as it's jealous of my G35 being my daily carry now.

I still need to add a G27 to my .40 glock lineup. got a couple G19's, love the size but much prefer .40 over 9mm

If you guys are wanting to meet up, I work on fort lewis and could probably make it out for an OC meet. Quantico, Surplus Arms/Tactical tailor are there plus the pawn shop and plenty of good restaurants around there.

Midway has some Glock mags on sale for $21 right now BTW, stock up! (hi-caps too)

Trigger Dr

plus one for big papa G35 I OC the one in my avatar every day; don't know why people get the G22 when the 35 is there! Same gun with a 'full size' barrel. If you put it up to a 1911, it's almost identical size wise. Glock is a bit fatter but ya know.

Die hard 1911 guy here but I can't deny Glock's reliability; it's a tupperware gun but it works all the time. My 1911 gets visited every day in my safe as it's jealous of my G35 being my daily carry now.

I still need to add a G27 to my .40 glock lineup. got a couple G19's, love the size but much prefer .40 over 9mm

If you guys are wanting to meet up, I work on fort lewis and could probably make it out for an OC meet. Quantico, Surplus Arms/Tactical tailor are there plus the pawn shop and plenty of good restaurants around there.

Midway has some Glock mags on sale for $21 right now BTW, stock up! (hi-caps too)

Die hard 1911 guy and you carry a glock??? NOT!!!!

Trigger Dr

Sig 1911, almost the best of both worlds. I am not certain which 1911 would be "the best of both worlds", but Sig approaches it.

Strike

Stopped back in at Surplus Ammo and Arms to pick up a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Still no word back on my Glock. I hate waiting. ):

Sent from my iPhone.

DamonK

Sig 1911, almost the best of both worlds. I am not certain which 1911 would be "the best of both worlds", but Sig approaches it.

Yup, my Sig P226 is pretty amazing. Love that gun almost as much as my 1911 custom :D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

decklin

Love my Sig 1911 Target. Had a strange thing happen last week though. I was above Wilkeson practicing contolled pairs with my AR and running transitions to my 1911.
I burned through my mag on the 1911 and went to do a combat reload. As I was pulling my spare mag from the kydex pouch on my hip the bottom plate broke off.
I always carry my 1911 with Nighthawk Magazines but I was running my drills with the OEM Mags from Sig.
They are the ones with a bumper pad on them. Now I need to get a new pad to put on there.

It was a good lesson to carry extra mags and/or a backup weapon. Had this been a real occurrence and all I had was my EDC (1911 with one extra mag) I would have been screwed. I would have been reduced to running like hell with nothing but a Buck Knife.