• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FPS Russia anti OC? too bad, i like his videos

mobiushky

BTW, you guys are aware that FPSRussia isn't Russian right? Essentially he's just a paid actor in a way. Seriously, the guy has a chrome plated AR and a gold plated desert eagle. You really can't take this guy seriously at all.

Xulld

He has a point though with being singled out and shot first. I believe he is fine with OC around his place but prefers to CC in public so not to cause a commotion.

If I'm willing/desperate to rob a store and I see a guy OCing, I will target them first and eliminate a threat. Yes there maybe someone CCing but I don't know who. That is what makes CC so effective, you don't know WHO is carrying and HOW many. You can walk into a store with 5 people with all CCing or walking in with 30 people not carrying, or vicea versa. My CCW instructor prefers to CC everywhere b/c he doesn't want people to know he is carrying and the only time he wants a person to know is when they see the business end of his gun and hearing the sound of his safety being clicked off. That is why I like Glocks, don't have to worry about a safety. Just gotta worry if I ran the slide when I walked out of my house that day.

So a guy in a store wearing a gun holstered is probably just shopping . . . wouldn't it be easy, better, safer, and smarter to just wait . . . I don't know like . . . . 10 minutes?

IMHO 99.9 percent of criminals are at LEAST this smart.

mobiushky

I think we're missing one of the obvious things. I've walked into a convenience store shopped, waited in line, and paid and left without anyone even noticing the sidearm. What convinces us all that a dude hyped up on adrenaline and in a massive rush is even going to notice you, let a lone your gun. From the opposite side sometimes? If you check all the youtube vids of gas station robberies one common theme is that the BG rarely pays attention to the bystanders. Only maybe for a split second. He's more concerned with the clerk and the money and the time. So to say he's going to home in on a sidearm is debatable. just saying. (Side note, ever seen the video where the guy tries to rob the store right in front of a police officer in uniform.)

Last edited:

zack991

Well there are a lot of people whom I may not always agree with their opine, but I think he puts gun owners in a better light than most of the "tv shows" on discover do.

Last edited:

Gil223

He is of Russian decent, but he now lives in Georgia (the state).

Kyle Myers being of Russian descent is highly questionable. He's an American by birth (Myers was born and raised in Hart County, Georgia), and currently resides in Livonia GA. He used to work at a car dealership and had a Russian co-worker there, and that's when he started imitating the accent. His interest in guns developed from playing "first person shooter" video games, like Call of Duty. As of September (last month), his website has had over 6 million views. Russian or not, he's fun to watch because he's having so much fun himself! Pax...

Sig229

Kyle Myers being of Russian descent is highly questionable. He's an American by birth (Myers was born and raised in Hart County, Georgia), and currently resides in Livonia GA. He used to work at a car dealership and had a Russian co-worker there, and that's when he started imitating the accent. His interest in guns developed from playing "first person shooter" video games, like Call of Duty. As of September (last month), his website has had over 6 million views. Russian or not, he's fun to watch because he's having so much fun himself! Pax...

Why would he put on a fake accent? Thats like Hillary Clinton putting on a fake black accent when she talks in front of the NAACP. Or when Madonna was living in England she used a fake British accent.

Seems stupid.

sharkey

Why would he put on a fake accent? Thats like Hillary Clinton putting on a fake black accent when she talks in front of the NAACP. Or when Madonna was living in England she used a fake British accent.

Seems stupid.

It's a persona. He's an actor and apparently a damn good one since so many fall for it.

He does a lot of prank calls under FPSKyle. Youtube it. I've never bothered to listen to them.

And actually it's nothing like what you said, if that was the case he would have gone for a bubba accent since all of us gun owners are rednecks. I kid, I kid.

Logan 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMetDYGmfV4&list=UUmNzgJJjGo5mleo62q8daJA&index=1&feature=plcp
it's mostly just recycled uncle ted garbage. leave some pro OC comments.
I don't see that. He's not passing a law. He's not running for office, and he's not saying that OC'es don't have that right. Instead I see a man sharing his opinion (ref. 2:22).

Did my part and gave it a thumbs down.
I was there a moment ago. 12,515 people disagree with you and your 147 friends.

I have to agree with what he said in the video. That's from my personal experience. Your guys' experience no doubt is different than mine.

Gil223

Seems stupid.

Why not? And, no, it's nothing like Hillary or Madonna. He does it to promote his website - which appears to be his business also. He markets a line of T-shirts (and even pokes fun at himself with one that says, "Irresponsible Gun Owner" - an accusation which has been made in this thread). Businesses have been using advertising gimmicks for decades, perhaps centuries. The Russian accent is simply an advertising gimmick - a way to have his "product" (guns he gets to shoot for free) remembered. There's no excuse at all for Hillary, and Madonna? There are people who train to develop a particular accent, and there are those who pick up accents very easily without trying. My eldest daughter is one of the latter... she sounded like a hillbilly when we lived in NC, and after 3 months in Australia, she sounded like an Ozzie. If you had over 2 million subscribers, and 6 million hits on your business site, would it still be "stupid"? ;) Pax...

sharkey

I don't see that. He's not passing a law. He's not running for office, and he's not saying that OC'es don't have that right. Instead I see a man sharing his opinion (ref. 2:22).

I was there a moment ago. 12,515 people disagree with you and your 147 friends.

I have to agree with what he said in the video. That's from my personal experience. Your guys' experience no doubt is different than mine.

You agree that open carriers are either ******** or don't make sense because the guy in the gas station is just gonna pop you? You think we scare grandma's in the grocery store?

Facepalm

Logan 5

You agree that open carriers are either ******** or don't make sense because the guy in the gas station is just gonna pop you? You think we scare grandma's in the grocery store?

Facepalm

No, you don't have to go to the store to scare grandmas, you scare your own grandma. :lol:

Seriously, I don't see it that way. I just don't feel the need to show the whole world what I'm carrying. And reflecting on people I have encountered that open carry.

sharkey

No, you don't have to go to the store to scare grandmas, you scare your own grandma. :lol:

Seriously, I don't see it that way. I just don't feel the need to show the whole world what I'm carrying. And reflecting on people I have encountered that open carry.

Well come to AZ then. You'll feel different.

ETA. I like to tell this story. I was OC'ng in Golden Corral during the winter a year or two ago .. That's when we get the grandmas and grandpas from out of state and Canada (snowbirds) showing up in droves... I was thinking to myself, this is bad, they're gonna freak. I didn't have the option to CC and I wasn't gonna leave it in the car. I don't recall even getting a funny look. And I have a scruffy beard and wasn't dressed nice.

Now the fact that I was there with my family may have tempered any possible freaking. Who knows.

Last edited: