• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Eric Cantor Anti-Gun Venue Choice web page out there now - http://www.cantorongun

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
images

Lighting a fire under Cobb and Cantor.

Last edited:

acfreddie

I was surprised to read this about a (R) especially one from VA. I will be sending him (aka some staffer) in his office an email and asking why none of the proposed alternative locations were acceptable to hold the event.

This for sure it's something that is weighing on my mind and could in the end cost not only Mr. Cantor a vote but also a needed vote for the (R)'s to hold/gain a seat. To me that is typical of a politician but I'm still offended that such a blatant/bold middle finger was extended towards this issue.

If I get anything other than the auto staffer reply I will try to post it here for all to see

What I got in return was what I perceive to be a standardized reply letter saying (blah blah blah) that Cantor understand a gun owners rights, shares the same values with regards to gun ownership and fully supports the 2nd amendment (blah blah blah). To me the letter was very sterile and seemed that the language was typical of having been tested to death but since my expectations were as low as they could have been I was not in disappointment upon reading the reply.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What I got in return was what I perceive to be a standardized reply letter saying (blah blah blah) that Cantor understand a gun owners rights, shares the same values with regards to gun ownership and fully supports the 2nd amendment (blah blah blah). To me the letter was very sterile and seemed that the language was typical of having been tested to death but since my expectations were as low as they could have been I was not in disappointment upon reading the reply.

Politicians get their platforms from The Outlaw Jose Wales:

You bet. You know in my line of work, you gotta be able either to sing "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" or "Dixie" with equal enthusiasm... dependin' upon present company.

acfreddie

Politicians get their platforms from The Outlaw Jose Wales:

You bet. You know in my line of work, you gotta be able either to sing "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" or "Dixie" with equal enthusiasm... dependin' upon present company.

Understood for sure. I just wish that he (read the staffer who clicked the print button) would have at least addressed my specific question, but maybe they were late for lunch or didn't select the proper ready made reply as the staffer was just simply confused.

Docgmt

I went to the roundup

Peter I went to the roundup

I had a wonderful time, met a gentleman from AR in town visiting family, although he was in his 70's he was up on all of the SCOTUS issues with a reelect of Presbo. Oh you really don't care about that.:lol: I had a wonderful time because I walked in, found MY congressman and handed him a VCDL federal candidate survey. To say he was pissed might be an under statement, after looking at what I handed him, he half spun around and said YOU are not questioning my support of the Second Amendment. Then there was the NRA likes me statement we get all the time. It was a short meeting as he turned and walked away rather abruptly.

Docgmt

Cantor handed VCDL survey at roundup

Congressman Cantor was handed a VCDL candidate survey live and in person at the Republican Roundup so he can not claim he did not get one. Yes he was pissed.:mad:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Congressman Cantor was handed a VCDL candidate survey live and in person at the Republican Roundup so he can not claim he did not get one. Yes he was pissed.:mad:

GOOD FOR YOU!

Glad someone walked the walk.
BTW....If they don't get pissed, you aren't doing the job right.:lol: