• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving from Bama to Ohio

eye95

Welcome back. Where ya been?

I moved into a management position, and my time for the movement evaporated--not to mention that I found the direction of the Alabama Open Carry "movement" to be off-putting, so I was totally de-motivated. I am looking forward to being reinspired by the Ohio movement. I am hoping that it is as grassroots as Alabama used to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

I'm here. Just moved into my apartment in Fairborn.

In an attempt to make sure that no Ohio cop could charge me with carrying concealed without a license, I transported my firearms and ammo separate and unloaded. Yes, I even took all the rounds out of the magazines. I packed the firearms in the truck bed and the ammo in the trailer.

Now I can't find the freakin' ammo! Grrrr. Stupid laws.

I guess I'll get the ammo in the morning when it is light and I can empty the rest of the trailer.

So, when and where is the next packin' while snackin'?

<o>

JSlack7851

Welcome to Ohio. I'm glad your trip was safe and uneventful. I'm sure the ammo will turn up. We can always use another set of boots on the ground to get things done.

Hareuhal

Sooo, you could have carried as normal for 550 miles, till just before Cincinnati and ohio's border, then
put your stuff away properly for the next 72 miles to your new appartment,,,
Wow this due dilligence thing is a lot of work!

moving on, again...

Im glad you got a new gig, hope you like your new state and your new digs.

Ive enjoyed sticking to you over your lack of study, but
I really do mean it playfully...
good luck, over?

I often read about a posters plan to travel or visit, or move to different states.
I usually get curious and spend a few minutes at handgunlaw.us to find the pertinate info, But
you have shocked me with your noob questions and failure to do even the most mundane due dilligence,, really, shocked!!!
I know more about ohio carry laws than you even asked about!
And I dont even plan to visit!
Btw my Washington and Utah permits are both honored in Ohio, they also like Floridas permit.

Moving on,,,

I'm pretty sure none of this was necessary. First off, he may have read up on it, but let me tell you that finding current up to date information can be a pain. When I was learning, I had to filter out information from 2005. It doesn't hurt to check with people who live in Ohio and do this daily. Your posts were not only completely devoid of any helpful content, but they were entirely immature.

eye95

Being in a new State, I do kinda feel new to carry. I don't have the confidence that got me through three succeedingly better police encounters in Montgomery. Plus, my new job is going to require a surprisingly in-depth background check. So an arrest right now, even a wholly unjustifiable arrest, will kill this job. Having already left the last one and moved several States away, that would be an unmitigated and costly disaster.

And to try to influence the behavior of a select few others, let me just opine that an integral part of the respect for Liberty is the respect for how or whether another chooses to exercise that Liberty.

The only way to advocate for our own Liberty is to advocate for the Liberty of all others.

<o>

eye95

Back on topic:

So...who lives near Fairborn or Dayton and would like to get together for a pack'n'snack? Or a carry'n'tarry? Or a bear'n'fare?

OK, that last one was lame. Still, who's up?

<o>

sharkey

Wow, my last post was deleted....time to go.

LOL. Unless it's this one I still see it??

The irony though is thick.

Eye, I guess there are no snack and packs going on. Maybe start a new thread for an OC meetup.

Last edited:

JSlack7851

I didn't troll. I actually defended eye95 ..... and then made the mistake of LOL'ing one part of the comment.

My bad.
LOL. Unless it's this one I still see it??

The irony though is thick.

Eye, I guess there are no snack and packs going on. Maybe start a new thread for an OC meetup.

Na, it was more along the lines of, your post wasn't that bad, I've seen worst. Those getting deleted surprised me, but wouldn't surprise me is that one major forum administrator, would call / e mail OC.org and complain about bashing another gun rights forum. Hense we are being observed. Sure as $hit, it got deleted.

I copied and will paste this one on the new site, just so everybody knows we're not welcome here any more.

First order of business, write all the advertisers here and explain why we won't patronize their businesses any more. They may pull their business from oc.org they may not, but will think about renewing it. I wonder if the Administrator of the other forum will make up the loss of funding should they pull their adds....

Last edited:

Hareuhal

Na, it was more along the lines of, your post wasn't that bad, I've seen worst. Those getting deleted surprised me, but wouldn't surprise me is that one major forum administrator, would call / e mail OC.org and complain about bashing another gun rights forum. Hense we are being observed. Sure as $hit, it got deleted.

I copied and will paste this one on the new site, just so everybody knows we're not welcome here any more.

First order of business, write all the advertisers here and explain why we won't patronize their businesses any more. They may pull their business from oc.org they may not, but will think about renewing it. I wonder if the Administrator of the other forum will make up the loss of funding should they pull their adds....

Agreed. Let's unify Ohio now so we no longer require this place.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

eye95

If you don't like it here, please just don't post. At the very least, please have the decency to trash your own threads. The purpose of this thread is for me to seek information on the pitfalls that might trap an Alabamian becoming an Ohioan.

Thanks for your consideration.

N605TW

Activist Member
Back on topic:

So...who lives near Fairborn or Dayton and would like to get together for a pack'n'snack? Or a carry'n'tarry? Or a bear'n'fare?

OK, that last one was lame. Still, who's up?

<o>

I'm in Columbus but I know how to drive. I work on the weekend, but I'm up for a weekday meet up