• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday October 5th. Portland

boyscout399

Okay guys. Friday night October 5th, after dark, I am going to go for a walk in Portland. If anyone is free to go with me you are welcome to come. If we are stopped by the police, I ask that you let me do any talking. I will bring a copy of the state Preemption law and a phone for recording. I suggest everyone else that comes brings a video recording device as well. I'm willing to get arrested if need be (I will not be violating the law because of state preemption). I'm not going to stand for this ******** anymore. I'm going to take a stand. I'll be walking in the Old Port district and Congress street from probably 8-11pm. I'll be parking on Commercial street where there is free parking.

boyscout399

I'll be parking and starting from right in front of Rufus Deering Lumber Company and the Gulf of Maine Research Institute. Tons of free parking there along Commercial Street.

MainelyGlock

Ok, count me in. Not sure that I will be walking for the entire duration, but I'd love to join you. I'm going to buy a digital recorder either today or tomorrow, too, so I can test it out.

SPOProds

If I can make it I will. Not sure if I'll have transportation and driving back from Portland to Orono at 11am will suck. Hope I can make it though, I am willing to be arrested as well. Good luck to those attending if I don't see you.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

boyscout399

If I can make it I will. Not sure if I'll have transportation and driving back from Portland to Orono at 11am will suck. Hope I can make it though, I am willing to be arrested as well. Good luck to those attending if I don't see you.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

PM not AM.

boyscout399

REPORT: I got there around 8:20. Didn't see anyone else, and I was late, so I started walking on my own. Walked from Commercial up to Fore street, then up to Congress street. After I turned off Congress street at about 9:00 a Police SUV approached me from the rear. The officer never got out of his truck. He rolled the window down and asked "Are you okay?" I replied "Yes." He asked if he could have my name in case anyone calls about me. I told him sorry, but no he could not and to have a nice night. He said "Have a good night" back to me, rolled up his window, and accelerated away. No lights, no sirens, no panic, no detainment. Complete consensual encounter that ended with a good night on both sides. Overall encounter less than 30 seconds. Afterward I continued walking for another hour. I passed by at least 3 other officers and they didn't bother me at all.

TL:DR - Police did well.

MainelyGlock

REPORT: I got there around 8:20. Didn't see anyone else, and I was late, so I started walking on my own. Walked from Commercial up to Fore street, then up to Congress street. After I turned off Congress street at about 9:00 a Police SUV approached me from the rear. The officer never got out of his truck. He rolled the window down and asked "Are you okay?" I replied "Yes." He asked if he could have my name in case anyone calls about me. I told him sorry, but no he could not and to have a nice night. He said "Have a good night" back to me, rolled up his window, and accelerated away. No lights, no sirens, no panic, no detainment. Complete consensual encounter that ended with a good night on both sides. Overall encounter less than 30 seconds. Afterward I continued walking for another hour. I passed by at least 3 other officers and they didn't bother me at all.

TL:DR - Police did well.

Nice! I'm glad everything went well, or normal. Sorry that I had to bail.