• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Rock M&G - October 27th...

jskp229

After much discussion & schedule conflicts, the central M&G is finally here.

It is Saturday, October 27th at 1pm in Castle Rock. The venue is the Pegasus on Square Restaurant at 313 Jerry Street, CR, 80104. http://pegasusrestaurantcastlerock.com/ Go to the link for directions.

The scheduled time allows everyone to choose between breakfast or lunch. They serve breakfast until 2p in case you are planning on being late.

The venue will accommodate around 30+ so we have an opportunity for a good sized group. As I need to give the owner an estimated count a couple days before to allow them to prepare for us, I would ask everyone that is committing to reply to this thread with a count. Also, given this is cross-posted to the local forum group too, please only post your counts in one or the other forums as not to confuse the counts / me with your different handles.

I expect to see a great turnout from both North & South given our convenient location just off of I-25.

Thanks & I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

---------

Guys, this turn out is getting better. We could be getting close to max'g out the venue if everyone shows. What about O2..., jthe88..., Dodge..., GT..., Mahkagari ?

Current Projections - Yes = 17, Maybe = 7

Currently responded:

JSKP229, 1, Y (Maybe +1)
wmodavis, 1, Y
Bundy66, 1, Y
M-Taliesin, 2, Y
ColoradoFlyer , 1, Y
zach, 1, M
keens, 1, Y, 2, M
Bellum Intus, 1, M,
mobiushky, 1, M
cch10000, 1, Y
Saxxon, 1, Y
PikesPeakMtnMan, N
JamesB, 2, Y
mtmanchris83, 2, Y
Wolfstanus, 1, Y
kharizma, 1, M
RT1121, 2, Y
Half Live, 1 Y

JSKP229

edit 10/23 - updated count again.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Thanks! I DO try to be active in local OC get-togethers (if any) no matter where I live (except here in TX, where we don't HAVE OC) as I think that's something OCers everywhere should be doing: START doing them or do MORE of them.

Anyway, it'll be a while (need to finish my current apt. lease here in TX) but will post in this Colorado Forum at that time -- if YOU all are still here then, that is! ;-)

BTW, if I don't live IN Castle Rock (CR) I'll be in the Northern part of Colorado Springs in order to make less of a commute (time & mileage-wise) to CR. Would be in the area for about 2 years (as per current business plan). Sadly, apartment complex ratings are not too great for most complexes there in CR, especially the perfectly-located Echo Ridge (ER) on Allen St. -- maybe could rent a condo instead though, or find something in Parker, Lone Tree or Castle Pines. But I have found several complexes in N. C-S that are MUCH better rated than E-R in C-R is and a weekly 40-mile commute is not too bad.

Whatever, will keep in touch...

Let us know here how your OCing event @ Pegasus went.

Last edited:

PikesPeakMtnMan

PikesPeak... are you coming to the M&G?

I'm not sure, it's very hard for me to commit to anything on Saturdays because of my work schedule. I can't even say maybe at this point. And actually now that I think about it, I may be out of town...I know I'm coming back one of those days but my g/f scheduled the trip so I don't know details LOL.

jskp229

Bump - Updated count.

This is evolving to be a good turnout. Hope to see more of you there. We have a great face to face community here in Colorado too. Come see / meet the characters you sparred with - they are great people too.

Thanks,
JSKP229

AirborneVet

Hello All, I am new to the site. I will not be able to attend due to schedule conflict, and am having a get together of my own with up to 7 people here in FTC. We plan on sometime in the afternoon in old town and probably at the starbucks on Walnut & Hwy 287 (College Ave.)

jskp229

Group,

The M&G is two day away and it's looking like we will have a great turn out. I was going to say "weather permitting", but it's still early and there are no wimps in this group right?

As far as parking, there is parking in front of the restaurant, in the county lot across the street and in the lot behind the restaurant and if all that fails, in the parking structure at the end of the block on 3rd street.

So, no excuses - I expect to see everyone on Saturday.

AirborneVet

Hope your M&G went well, I had a decent turnout, not too big not too small. No LEO Contact and everyone seemed fairly relaxed that some of us were carrying. I am going to meet a friend in Greeley later today and told him I planned on OCing, he is all for it. I have heard that Greeley is a bit more liberal than FTC when it comes to OC, I will find this out and hopefully not have any LEO contact. I know my rights if I do and have a cell-cam to tape the possible encounter.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
@AirborneVet: Good to hear your event went well! Places "more liberal" are exactly where we need MORE OCers in order to educate & desensitize. Keep up the good work.

Now we await an "after-action report" from someone at the Castle Rock M&G yesterday...