Thread: Bats new Toys

Wink Bats new Toys

So I been on a 22lr kick lately, and have found a couple of inexpensive little pistols that i hope to use for cheap fun at the range and teaching my girls (wife and the daughter) the finer points of handgunning. My wife can shoot like a laser beam, but I am usually the one clearing jams for her. These little 22s should help in that regards, plus they just look like alot of fun.

I picked up this little 22lr Pistol. Same size and shape as a Walther PPK. It is an older Erma/Excam RX22 with the firing pin block, hold 7+1. Range day next week will yeild more results, but over all looks good. Very little wear inside, and the finish is very nice, hopefully it functions as well as it looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RX22.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	9339

I also picked up a single action revolver in 22, made by Rohm Gmbh model 66, it is one of their better models. Feels sturdy, rotates and indexes well, and over all tight mechanics, i think this one will be a fun innexpensive supliment to my Ruger Vaquero. Hopefully it is accurate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RG 22 Revolver.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	9340

I got a bunch of .22lr waiting for next week when we are going to the range, should be fun. Aready got a .22lr bolt, and will be on the trail for a semi soon too. Woot.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Hey Bat

Thats A couple of good looking plinkers especialy the wheel gun.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

I had one of those 22lr revolvers when I was a kid. Killed a LOT of grouse and rabbits with it. The other one looks like it'll be fun to.

her is my favorite plinker

savage model 72

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

Bats new Toys

Nice! I just got this little Colt Single Action Frontier Scout from my Grandma. Used to be part of my Grandpa's collection. I also plan on taking it to the range soon.

"When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Re: Bats new Toys

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    savage model 72
    Now that's a neat looking little gun!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Bats new Toys

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Nice! I just got this little Colt Single Action Frontier Scout from my Grandma. Used to be part of my Grandpa's collection. I also plan on taking it to the range soon.

Nice! I have the Herbert Schmidt copy of the frontier scout. It's not worth anything but it sure is an accurate little pinker.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Range report

Well, the little Erma RX22 (PPK Clone) shot great, a few jams that were sorted out with some magazine adjustments. Everyone who shot it thought it was super fun. It was suprisingly accurate, I tore a raged little hole the size of a quarter at 25 feet right in the bulls eye with 24 rounds (3 mags). handled well and will be at the range with me often. The Model-66 Single action revolver ran great and was acurate until it jammed up. Discovered one of the roll pins gave up the ghost and let go of a spring loaded plunger. Luckily this is an easy fix, and will be back in action once i secure the roll pin. We got about 50+ rounds out of it prior to the pin failure, it shot right were you aimed it. It too will be ack at the range with me once fixed.

- Over all i am happy with the two of them. I got a bunch of spare parts off the interwebz for the RX22(pp) and can keep it goin for a long time now - yay!

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

I like your pistols bat, the PPK one looks cool, but I thought the PPK build pistols were hard to hold.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I like your pistols bat, the PPK one looks cool, but I thought the PPK build pistols were hard to hold.
    I have Bersa Thunder.22 and it's one of the most accurate and fun little guns I have. I have no problems holding it, either,

Still, my favorite .22 pistol, that I own, is my Ruger 22/45 Target. I also have an early model (1959) Colt Frontier Scout revolver. It's a really accurate, fun piece to shoot as well. Then there's the Kel-tec PLR=22. That, my friend, is one bad-a** little pistol.

For rifles I have a Henry Frontier model with a buttery smooth action that will just eat up anything you care to throw at it. And, finally, my piece de resistance, what USED TO BE a Ruger 10/22 that replaced all but about 5 pieces with around $1200 of modifications to build a real tack driver of a target rifle.

And that, my friends, is a .22 collection deliberately designed (except the target rifle) to seduce non-shooters and thus corrupt their morals.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I have Bersa Thunder.22 and it's one of the most accurate and fun little guns I have. I have no problems holding it, either,

Still, my favorite .22 pistol, that I own, is my Ruger 22/45 Target. I also have an early model (1959) Colt Frontier Scout revolver. It's a really accurate, fun piece to shoot as well. Then there's the Kel-tec PLR=22. That, my friend, is one bad-a** little pistol.

For rifles I have a Henry Frontier model with a buttery smooth action that will just eat up anything you care to throw at it. And, finally, my piece de resistance, what USED TO BE a Ruger 10/22 that replaced all but about 5 pieces with around $1200 of modifications to build a real tack driver of a target rifle.

And that, my friends, is a .22 collection deliberately designed (except the target rifle) to seduce non-shooters and thus corrupt their morals.
    Where is a picture of your 10/22 I gotta see that.

DEMAND IT