• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bats new Toys

Batousaii

So I been on a 22lr kick lately, and have found a couple of inexpensive little pistols that i hope to use for cheap fun at the range and teaching my girls (wife and the daughter) the finer points of handgunning. My wife can shoot like a laser beam, but I am usually the one clearing jams for her. These little 22s should help in that regards, plus they just look like alot of fun.

I picked up this little 22lr Pistol. Same size and shape as a Walther PPK. It is an older Erma/Excam RX22 with the firing pin block, hold 7+1. Range day next week will yeild more results, but over all looks good. Very little wear inside, and the finish is very nice, hopefully it functions as well as it looks.

RX22.jpg

I also picked up a single action revolver in 22, made by Rohm Gmbh model 66, it is one of their better models. Feels sturdy, rotates and indexes well, and over all tight mechanics, i think this one will be a fun innexpensive supliment to my Ruger Vaquero. Hopefully it is accurate :)

RG 22 Revolver.jpg

I got a bunch of .22lr waiting for next week when we are going to the range, should be fun. Aready got a .22lr bolt, and will be on the trail for a semi soon too. Woot.

Bat:dude:

DamonK

I had one of those 22lr revolvers when I was a kid. Killed a LOT of grouse and rabbits with it. The other one looks like it'll be fun to.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Nice! I just got this little Colt Single Action Frontier Scout from my Grandma. Used to be part of my Grandpa's collection. I also plan on taking it to the range soon.

u5aby5eg.jpg

tombrewster421

Nice! I just got this little Colt Single Action Frontier Scout from my Grandma. Used to be part of my Grandpa's collection. I also plan on taking it to the range soon.

u5aby5eg.jpg

Nice! I have the Herbert Schmidt copy of the frontier scout. It's not worth anything but it sure is an accurate little pinker.

Batousaii

Range report

Well, the little Erma RX22 (PPK Clone) shot great, a few jams that were sorted out with some magazine adjustments. Everyone who shot it thought it was super fun. It was suprisingly accurate, I tore a raged little hole the size of a quarter at 25 feet right in the bulls eye with 24 rounds (3 mags). handled well and will be at the range with me often. The Model-66 Single action revolver ran great and was acurate until it jammed up. Discovered one of the roll pins gave up the ghost and let go of a spring loaded plunger. Luckily this is an easy fix, and will be back in action once i secure the roll pin. We got about 50+ rounds out of it prior to the pin failure, it shot right were you aimed it. It too will be ack at the range with me once fixed.

- Over all i am happy with the two of them. I got a bunch of spare parts off the interwebz for the RX22(pp) and can keep it goin for a long time now - yay!

:dude: Bat

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I like your pistols bat, the PPK one looks cool, but I thought the PPK build pistols were hard to hold.

I have Bersa Thunder.22 and it's one of the most accurate and fun little guns I have. I have no problems holding it, either,

Still, my favorite .22 pistol, that I own, is my Ruger 22/45 Target. I also have an early model (1959) Colt Frontier Scout revolver. It's a really accurate, fun piece to shoot as well. Then there's the Kel-tec PLR=22. That, my friend, is one bad-a** little pistol.

For rifles I have a Henry Frontier model with a buttery smooth action that will just eat up anything you care to throw at it. And, finally, my piece de resistance, what USED TO BE a Ruger 10/22 that replaced all but about 5 pieces with around $1200 of modifications to build a real tack driver of a target rifle.

And that, my friends, is a .22 collection deliberately designed (except the target rifle) to seduce non-shooters and thus corrupt their morals.:banana::banana::banana:

1911er

I have Bersa Thunder.22 and it's one of the most accurate and fun little guns I have. I have no problems holding it, either,

Still, my favorite .22 pistol, that I own, is my Ruger 22/45 Target. I also have an early model (1959) Colt Frontier Scout revolver. It's a really accurate, fun piece to shoot as well. Then there's the Kel-tec PLR=22. That, my friend, is one bad-a** little pistol.

For rifles I have a Henry Frontier model with a buttery smooth action that will just eat up anything you care to throw at it. And, finally, my piece de resistance, what USED TO BE a Ruger 10/22 that replaced all but about 5 pieces with around $1200 of modifications to build a real tack driver of a target rifle.

And that, my friends, is a .22 collection deliberately designed (except the target rifle) to seduce non-shooters and thus corrupt their morals.:banana::banana::banana:
Where is a picture of your 10/22 I gotta see that.