Thread: Orting WA: Looking for a place to shoot outside?

Orting WA: Looking for a place to shoot outside?

My boss at work lives in Orting and is looking for a place to shoot outside. Anybody know of any gravel pits or forest areas out that way?

WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

what he said^

found quite a few pits from that site.

I usually go up to the cascades to shoot though, total freedom there if you make the drive. Not too far from ya, takes me a little bit longer from Yelm but not too bad if you make a day out of it.

When I lived out that way I used to go up above wilkerson past the ufish pond and find a spot where some one had been shooting even had the county sheriff stop by one time I let him shoot my sharps.
    Last edited by 1911er; 10-03-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

How about Elbe Hills state forest?

I'm not familiar with the area though, I always go out and shoot in Green Mountain State Forest and the WA DNR is usually shooting friendly as long as you don't leave targets nailed to trees or beer cans everywhere....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    When I lived out that way I used to go up above wilkerson past the ufish pond and find a spot where some one had been shooting even had the county sheriff d http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Or...=h&mra=ls&z=12 Deputy stop by one time I let him shoot my sharps.
    It has been about 5 years since I was up in this area and then it was posted No Shooting, not sure what it is today but here is a map of the No Shooting Areas in Pierce County
    http://yakima.co.pierce.wa.us/MapGal...ootZones06.pdf
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Wilkeson there is no R 😎

To be clear there is not r in Wilkeson.
    Not trying to start anything but people need to know it's Wilkeson not Wilkerson or Wilkenson or other odd spellings. Above Sunset it pretty much all no shooting zones now due to dumping from outsiders unfortunately. If you drive all the way up there's still a bit of shooting to be done though.
    When I lived out that way I used to go up above wilkerson past the ufish pond and find a spot where some one had been shooting even had the county sheriff stop by one time I let him shoot my sharps.

Edited: just saw this is a zombie post.
    Fire road 7810. Drive down 165 through Burnett, Wilkeson, and Carbonado. You will drive over the fairfax bridge. Left at fork (the right goes to mowich lake) and follow past the carbon river ranger station. Left at bridge at end of road before campground. This is fire road 7810. There is a pit on the other side of the river. You will see it. The road is officially called NF-7810.
    Last edited by decklin; 04-17-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford