Thread: Urquhart would have former Spokane police chief Kirkpatrick as chief deputy

Urquhart would have former Spokane police chief Kirkpatrick as chief deputy

King County sheriff hopeful John Urquhart would pick former Spokane police chief Anne Kirkpatrick for his second-in-command if he's elected

Anybody out there got any experience with Kirkpatrick???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    King County sheriff hopeful John Urquhart would pick former Spokane police chief Anne Kirkpatrick for his second-in-command if he's elected

Anybody out there got any experience with Kirkpatrick???
    None directly, I don't believe she was that well liked. And I think she "retired" after poor handling of the Otto Zehm case. Fetch may be along to comment. He lives in the city and has a better understanding of city politics than I do....

-Thor
    Let me make a short, opening, blanket statement. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody - except bad people.

- Charleton Heston

Dave, I thought she came from the west side, Federal Way?
    Just go the Spokesman Review web site and read lots of articles. Bottom line for Spokane, she stated she would only be here for five years. From that point she was ineffective. Citizens died at the hands of the police on her watch.

You forgot...she cost the city almost $800K (actually her bill but the city paid it for her) in a wrongful dismissal suit too. Then she went to Phoenix and was given the boot there very quickly...don't know what she did there. Not impressed with her at all.

Kirkpatrick is probably the better of the two in this team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdOR_F04tx8

Urquhart says she has experience with DOJ investigations...I'll say so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8dXjXwXYBo