• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urquhart would have former Spokane police chief Kirkpatrick as chief deputy

Dave Workman

King County sheriff hopeful John Urquhart would pick former Spokane police chief Anne Kirkpatrick for his second-in-command if he's elected

Anybody out there got any experience with Kirkpatrick???

Thor80

King County sheriff hopeful John Urquhart would pick former Spokane police chief Anne Kirkpatrick for his second-in-command if he's elected

Anybody out there got any experience with Kirkpatrick???

None directly, I don't believe she was that well liked. And I think she "retired" after poor handling of the Otto Zehm case. Fetch may be along to comment. He lives in the city and has a better understanding of city politics than I do....

-Thor

fetch

Dave, I thought she came from the west side, Federal Way?
Just go the Spokesman Review web site and read lots of articles. Bottom line for Spokane, she stated she would only be here for five years. From that point she was ineffective. Citizens died at the hands of the police on her watch.

hermannr

You forgot...she cost the city almost $800K (actually her bill but the city paid it for her) in a wrongful dismissal suit too. Then she went to Phoenix and was given the boot there very quickly...don't know what she did there. Not impressed with her at all.