• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your responses to "Are you a LEO?"

ArmySoldier22

For me it all depends on How they ask the question. If it's an accusing tone, I tend to be a smartass lol. But if it's a legitimate question out of curiosity, I'll usually just say "Nope I'm not," And normally there's a follow up question about the legality of carrying, so I'll try to answer whatever question they have to the best of my ability. I've actually referred a lot of them to this site, especially one's who are looking to start carrying themselves.

FlyBoy276

Seedy looking individual: "Yo..you a cop or somethin?"
Me: *reaches under my shirt and turns off the radio he didnt notice* "No."
Seedy looking individual: :uhoh:

OC4me

Best answer I've seen to this question*:

Are you a cop?

OCer: No hablo inglés.

*Not mine...I saw this on some other thread a while ago. Pretty good answer though!

Last edited:

Steveboos

I usually go with "No i'm not" But i am going to start using some of these liners for sure. I always am a very nice and upfront guy, so that helps to. But it does make a huge difference when you use a certain tone to say the same thing.

.40CLTlocal

This hadn't happened to me until today. Went to Harris Teeter today after work today. I was in black pants with a shirt and tie. Totally uneventful until I was paying. Fresh faced kid, maybe 19 or 20 was bagging and sees my sidearm. The exchange was rapid fire like in a jimmy johns commercial on the radio. Went like this,

Him: oh, you with CMPD?
Me: no
Him: mattews pd?
Him: mint hill pd?
Him: union county?
Him: FBI?
Him: ....something freaky?
Me: ...I'd rather not say
Him: oh, right....yea..... ok.....have a nice night sir.

Steveboos

This hadn't happened to me until today. Went to Harris Teeter today after work today. I was in black pants with a shirt and tie. Totally uneventful until I was paying. Fresh faced kid, maybe 19 or 20 was bagging and sees my sidearm. The exchange was rapid fire like in a jimmy johns commercial on the radio. Went like this,

Him: oh, you with CMPD?
Him: mattews pd?
Him: mint hill pd?
Him: union county?
Him: FBI?
Him: ....something freaky?
Me: ...I'd rather not say
Him: oh, right....yea..... ok.....have a nice night sir.

Gotta love the naive nature of most young people these days...

CaptainHoneySmacks

New to my collection

I usually say something strange..

"You are you a police officer?"

..."No, I am a sandwich".

By the time they stop thinking about it I have finished what I was doing and moved on.

Last edited: