Thread: Only in Texas 2 days

Only in Texas 2 days

I'm from Alabama and will be traveling to Texas tomorrow. I'll only be there for 2 days. How can I legally carry my pistol in my vehicle since Texas does not honor the Alabama chl?

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneckreed View Post
    I'm from Alabama and will be traveling to Texas tomorrow. I'll only be there for 2 days. How can I legally carry my pistol in my vehicle since Texas does not honor the Alabama chl?
    You don't need a CHL to carry in your vehicle in Texas (your car is covered by the castle doctrine). All you have to do is keep it "hidden from normal view". It can be loaded and maintained in Condition-1, but it must be hidden from normal view. Laying on the front seat and being covered by a towel is considered "hidden from normal view".

Only in Texas 2 days

Thanks. Much help

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneckreed View Post
    Thanks. Much help
    Don't remove it from the vehicle during a stop unless you are taking it into a motel/hotel room or house, etc..
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Only in Texas 2 days

Exactly what I did. I felt naked without it, but just don't want to break any laws. Got to motel and brought it in. Damn, houston is large. Got lost and finally made my way to the motel.