Thread: What Does This Mean?

What Does This Mean?

I know that when statements are made, sometimes the way we understand what the words mean may be the opposite of the legal meaning. So in light of that statement, our new blog page had this about Wisconsin.
    Wisconsin is an open carry state. They have complete state preemption for firearms laws. However, you may not openly carry a firearm in a vehicle.
    Does that mean that we cannot carry a loaded, holstered and secured handgun on us in a car and it must be in the glove compartment? Or does it mean that we cannot carry a loaded unholstered gun in a car?
    Last edited by Law abider; 10-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Where did you find that?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Where did you find that?
    Go to our new home page and click on state info. They are alphabetically arranged.
    Last edited by Law abider; 10-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=316

It just means the information needs to get updated.

Legal Disclaimer We make every effort to provide correct information on this site. However, the legal landscape surrounding open carry is fluid and subject to a myriad of political influences in the various states. Therefore, any and all information you glean from this site should be independently verified!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=316

[/FONT]
    Why are they putting up pre Act35 info on the NEW BLOG home page? Someone like me got the first impression that it was still illegal to oc in a car even with a holstered and secured gun with or without a permit. Thus the post. How dumb of me!!

What Does This Mean?

While the blog may be a new addition, it could be linked back to info that was developed long ago and posted/maintained elsewhere on the site. Making blogs for each state I'd imagine the info was not verified or refreshed for each state, but rather they chose to use what was already there. Just supposition on my part.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Just as a point of information.

The interactive maps contain an information page on each state. A consolidation (think Cliff Notes) of the laws pertaining to open carry within that state. They do need further review and refinement.\
    http://www.opencarry.org/

They are not blogs. They are not journals/diaries of on going thoughts.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I have been posting that, including starting a seperate thread on it, for a long time. How are we supposed to educate folks when the information that is being supplied is WRONG!?!
    Last edited by pkbites; 10-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.

And.....

not only does the map info need to be updated, I think Wisconsin may even qualify as a Gold star state:

*We have unlicensed open carry (except in a school zone, but that's only to comply with federal law)
    *We have an unlicensed open carry age of only 18
    *We have unlicensed open carry in vehicles
    *Carry in bars/restaurants is legal
    *We have unlicensed open and concealed carry in our homes/businesses.
    *Castle Doctrine
    *We have total state preemption
    *Open carry is unquestionably legal, with the State Supreme Court, Attorney General, Act 35, and state Disorderly Conduct statute saying it is.

What state has it better when it comes to open carry?

The Admins of this site need to change the info on Wisconsin pronto, and, IMHO, promote Wisconsin to a Gold Star State!!!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...y-it-should-be!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by pkbites; 10-07-2012 at 04:55 PM.