• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Does This Mean?

Law abider

I know that when statements are made, sometimes the way we understand what the words mean may be the opposite of the legal meaning. So in light of that statement, our new blog page had this about Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is an open carry state. They have complete state preemption for firearms laws. However, you may not openly carry a firearm in a vehicle.
Does that mean that we cannot carry a loaded, holstered and secured handgun on us in a car and it must be in the glove compartment? Or does it mean that we cannot carry a loaded unholstered gun in a car?:question::question:

Last edited:

protias

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=316

It just means the information needs to get updated.

Legal Disclaimer We make every effort to provide correct information on this site. However, the legal landscape surrounding open carry is fluid and subject to a myriad of political influences in the various states. Therefore, any and all information you glean from this site should be independently verified!

Trip20

While the blog may be a new addition, it could be linked back to info that was developed long ago and posted/maintained elsewhere on the site. Making blogs for each state I'd imagine the info was not verified or refreshed for each state, but rather they chose to use what was already there. Just supposition on my part.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just as a point of information.

The interactive maps contain an information page on each state. A consolidation (think Cliff Notes) of the laws pertaining to open carry within that state. They do need further review and refinement.\
http://www.opencarry.org/

They are not blogs. They are not journals/diaries of on going thoughts.

pkbites

And.....

not only does the map info need to be updated, I think Wisconsin may even qualify as a Gold star state:

*We have unlicensed open carry (except in a school zone, but that's only to comply with federal law)
*We have an unlicensed open carry age of only 18
*We have unlicensed open carry in vehicles
*Carry in bars/restaurants is legal
*We have unlicensed open and concealed carry in our homes/businesses.
*Castle Doctrine
*We have total state preemption
*Open carry is unquestionably legal, with the State Supreme Court, Attorney General, Act 35, and state Disorderly Conduct statute saying it is.

What state has it better when it comes to open carry?

The Admins of this site need to change the info on Wisconsin pronto, and, IMHO, promote Wisconsin to a Gold Star State!!!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...t-state-after-November-1st-I-say-it-should-be!!!!!!!!

Last edited: