• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Western Missouri Open Carry (NWM-OC) Open Carry Group Activist Activity

Would You be willing to spend an hour or two on a open carry adopt a highway project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

havegunwilltravel

Hello All,
I have started a Open Carry group North Western Missouri and would like to invite You to open carry on the groups adopt a highway project. It would be twice a month on a saturday. If you mite be interested in joining us please in box me.

Thanks, Jon

havegunwilltravel

UPDATE~PROJECT Adopt a highway OC

UPDATE~Re:project Adopt a Highway OC. We received our approval paper work fromMODOT yesterday evening. The Signs will read “North WesternMissouri Open Carry Group”.
Thestretch of of highway that our group is responsible for is MO stateroute 33 from Clinton Co. line road to Burris road. Distance is 0.983of a mile.
Ihave been told that it may take as long as 60 days to get our signserected. I will contact MODOT district maintenance dept for themowing schedule for that section of 33.
Moreupdates as they become available

mspgunner

Of course no way I can travel up to NW MO. for this but it is certainly a great idea for OC groups in different areas of the State. I've bounced it off some Ocers in East Central MO. If anyone cares to carry the weight of this idea to MODOT in the St. Louis Co, St. Charles Co. or Franklin Co area please jump in. There are highways in St. Louis co - Eureka/Pacific or St. Charles Co. like I-70 or 94 that might be good places to OC and pick up trash and OC, the sign on the highway "Eastern Missouri Open Carry Group" might peak soem interest too. Just imagine the Faces of folks driving buy on the highway as you stoop, bend and OC.

havegunwilltravel

RE: Open Carry Adopt a highway Activist Activity

Glad You like the idea. We willsee how it goes. We have been approved, but the signs haven’t beenput up yet. Most people are a little apprehensive to pack whilepicking up trash. i am one of them. i will keep you posted on ourprogress. other actives shall include targeting local businesses thatwould allow us to put a fliers in there store front window and thenmaybe allow us to carry in there stores. then an oc friendly can bemade of oc friendly business.

mspgunner

We talked about this idea here in East Central Missouri, no one really cares to carry ther ball on it though, I certainly don't care to do it but it is a geat idea.

havegunwilltravel

I would like travel to the four cornersof our fine state to support the very worthy cause but time andreliable transportation is keeping me from committing to suchactives. Like any single parent trying to raise a teenage daughtershe must be my first priority fist and foremost. Locally its not sucha problem. Thanks for your friendship Mspgunner.

HighFlyingA380

I would love to, but I'm just too far from there. Are there any costs associated with the application and such, or is it completely free (besides the obvious time commitment)?

BTW, I think your space-bar is crapping out. :lol:

havegunwilltravel

Group meeting update

Hello All,
Last night we had a very productive meeting. Topics discussed and or adopted as follows:

1. Our group needs a mission statement. To convey our our groups intentions with in our community.

2. A pre pick up introduction, meet and greet. For the properties that boarder our adopted highway.

3. An S.O.P was adopted for all encounters with L.E.O.s. A S.O.P. For public encoun
ters was tabled till next meeting.
4. A executive core was adopted consisting of President, vice president, Secretary, Public relations officer and safety officer.

5. Group insignia and letter head was discussed.

6. Group business cards where discussed.

7. Local businesses OC friendly list was discussed and a plan of action was adopted. Project discussions on going.

8. A pre pick up potluck meet and greet was discussed.

9. Rules for safety training check off for new members was adopted.

10.Members roster was adopted.

11. First contact letter ruff draft was completed and adopted.

Would like to thank everyone for attending last nights meeting. Alot of great ideas where discussed. looking forward to the future events that our group will hold.
More info as it becomes Available.

North Western Missouri Open Carry (NWM-0C)
Your Friend in Freedom, Jon