• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville Pizza Hut

WhistlingJack

I will preface this account by saying I have worked many food service jobs in my life. I have been talked to like dog (deleted) by people more than once. So I try to make every effort I can to be polite and civil when dealing with food service workers when they make a mistake.

Monday Night 10/1 I made a delivery order from Pizza Hut at 9160 Taylorsville Road. Now I should have known better from the start, every time I order from this particular Hut (at a friend's house) they screw something up. A few months go by, I give them another chance, and they screw up again.

This time they told me it would take an hour for me to receive my Pizza. Being Monday Night with football season I figured that was fine. 1 Hour 20 Minutes later my Pizza arrives stone-cold. So naturally I call the store to complain about my Pizza.

The manager proceeds to tell me 'There's nothing I can do.'
Obviously that did not go over well with me and I asked him to fix the problem.
"Well I can give you an instore credit."

I explained that given their track record I did not wish to patronize them again.

"Well what do you want then?"

I explained I would like the Pizza I ordered. He then explains how he can't get a new one out to me for an hour and a half. So I tell him I would like a refund. He answers that he will send a driver out to collect the pizza and will refund my card. When I ask him to ensure the driver has a recipt for the credit to my debit card the manager tells me he cannot do that.

Now, I've worked a lot of places and every place I've worked that had a merchant services terminal was capable of giving a printout for a credit. He insists he cannot do that and that I will have to take his word for it.

So I take my cold Pizza and get in my car, my XD is with me as it always is. I drive the Pizza to the store and ask for the Manager. He offers to give me a cash refund.

"Great, progress" I'm thinking.

He turns, then stops, turns back to me, points at me and says "Sir, tell me why you have a firearm in here."

I answered "It goes everywhere I do."

He then states. "Well, you can't have that in here. The sign outside says so."

I answered "There's no sign out there."

Him: "Yes there is."

Me: "No, there isn't" I proceed to walk outside, double-check, and verify there is in fact no sign. So I walk back in and say...

"No, there is no sign out there."

He answers

"Well regardless you can't have a concealed weapon in here."

I responded

"Well, its not concealed, but if you would prefer I can wait in the parking lot for my refund."

He then sneers

"No, you have to leave the premises now."

I retorted

"My little friend and I will be happy to leave, once you give me my refund."

So huffing and puffing he gives me my money and says...

"Don't ever come back."

I tried calling Pizza Hut who surprise, surprise, has no complaint line, and I was instead directed to the company webpage to submit an email. I submitted my complaint, asked for a call-back, and am still waiting.

This manager had an attitude from the beginning, and then chose to make an issue out of my firearm, and tried to use it as an excuse to throw me out of the store without giving me my refund.

If whoever gets their complaints is smart and looks at their records they will see the sheer volume of Pizza I eat every year suggests they should try to make amends. But until they do, the bad service, rude treatment, and attempt by the manager to push his attitude on me using my firearm as an excuse ensures I will not be patronizing them again. I may not like Papa John's as well, but they have never been rude, or derisive with me.

Last edited:

flb_78

You're lucky you weren't arrested for trespassing. He told you to leave or put your gun out in the car.

I don't like Pizza Hut anyways. Frozen pizza works fine for me or Papa John's if I can get someone to buy.

WhistlingJack

You're lucky you weren't arrested for trespassing. He told you to leave or put your gun out in the car.

I don't like Pizza Hut anyways. Frozen pizza works fine for me or Papa John's if I can get someone to buy.

Re-read the account.

He never told me to put it in my car.

He told me to leave and I offered to wait in the parking lot (which I did fail to mention is a plaza parking lot for multiple businesses which he does not have exclusive rights to.) And then he told me to leave, without receiving my refund.

flb_78

"Well, you can't have that in here"

I was assuming that he wanted it out of the building and the only secure place would have been a vehicle.

Either way, he still said, "No, you have to leave the premises now."

MKEgal

"Well regardless you can't have a concealed weapon in here."
To which you reply "no problem; now give me my refund".
Let him figure out that something he can see is not concealed.
This seems to be a common problem.
Idiot. (Him, not you.)