• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pierce County/Thurston County/JBLM meetup?

Strike

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in this?

I'd be very interested in meeting fellow OCers from the area.

Sent from my iPhone.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
OK, here is a neutral location: Starbucks in Dupont.
1125 Center Drive Suite 160
Dupont, WA

I would like to suggest a late afternoon meet, say about 5pm for a change. Some of us work on the weekends. Somebody else pick a day.

Schlepnier

You do realise we do this once a month on sundays for the south end meeetup right?

it's sticked at the top of the page. most of us live in the south pierce/lacey/olympia area.

:)

tombrewster421

You do realise we do this once a month on sundays for the south end meeetup right?

it's sticked at the top of the page. most of us live in the south pierce/lacey/olympia area.

:)

Yeah, he said "some of us work weekends." I think that means Sunday is no good for him. It's not like having more meet-ups is a bad thing. Just allows more people to get together is all.;)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
OK, here is a neutral location: Starbucks in Dupont.
1125 Center Drive Suite 160
Dupont, WA

Saturday October 20th 5pm

Last edited:

aa1911

I would be game for a weekday also, late afternoon/early evening. Would be the most convenient for me to make it out, usually busiest on the weekends.

can try to make it saturday but start leave that day for hunting season, will see. I'm a maybe.

did the south sound OC meet last month, would like to see more meet and greets though for use Yelm-anians and Fort Lewisians...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I would be game for a weekday also, late afternoon/early evening. Would be the most convenient for me to make it out, usually busiest on the weekends.

can try to make it saturday but start leave that day for hunting season, will see. I'm a maybe.

did the south sound OC meet last month, would like to see more meet and greets though for use Yelm-anians and Fort Lewisians...

Tag, your it! You get to schedule the November meet.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
JBLM folks cannot carry on post/base, so dayshift workers will have issues.
Understood, (21 years Army, I retired from Ft. Lewis). This is a Saturday, plus actually having a weapon with you is not required. It is open even to people who are not old enough to carry either open, or concealed to include family members. It is just a meeting of like minded individuals for open discussion, and coffee. Come, and enjoy!

leitung

Understood, (21 years Army, I retired from Ft. Lewis). This is a Saturday, plus actually having a weapon with you is not required. It is open even to people who are not old enough to carry either open, or concealed to include family members. It is just a meeting of like minded individuals for open discussion, and coffee. Come, and enjoy!

It's going on this Saturday? Maybe I will come down if my damm foot heals.. :(

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Ok, there were three of us that made it. Good conversation, and coffee. One person it was there first time OCing. Good to have you back from Korea rellio. Afterwords my son, and I went to the Japanese restaurant next door. The place is kind of pricey, but we did have enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow.

LkWd_Don

Is this going to become a regular thing? I have not been online much lately and just saw this post. A bit late. :( Would like to catch others and enjoy a good coffee & chat.