Thread: Armed women defends home and children

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.

Armed women defends home and children

Roanoke police ID man killed in Tuesday night home invasion

Roanoke police are investigating after a home invasion in the northwest part of the city turned deadly late Tuesday night, authorities said.

Officers responded at 11:15 p.m. to the Westwood Village Apartments in the 800 block of Westwood Boulevard where they found Lamon O’Neil Price, 31 of Roanoke shot dead in a lower-level hallway, police said.

Price and an unidentified man tried to force their way through. Police said the man inside the apartment later told detectives he started to fight with the intruders, one of whom wore a black ski mask and carried a gun.

During the fight, a second person inside the apartment fired a gun at Price. The bullet from that shot proved fatal, and Price was later pronounced dead at the scene, Johnson said.

Byrd said her friend, a mother of three children, lives in the apartment where the shooting took place.

“And she’s a perfect target,” Byrd said, shaking her head. “She’s a female living on her own and with kids, and she works.”
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Nah, this is boringly against the State's interests. We should be talking about OJ Simpson or Kim Kardashian instead, right, CNN?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

White Oak Plantation
    .....which was roped off with yellow crime scene tape.
    Gotta love the print media. Unfortunately retribution is possible. Extra vigilance is required by both LE and those citizens affected.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare