• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington Banks

JSlack7851

Hello, I am Administrator to Open Carry Advocates, a page on facebook. I write letters on behalf of my members concerning treatment by LEO and corporations. Right now I'm working on Huntington Bank, I can't seem to find out what their corporate policy is concerning concealed or open carry. Since this State has branches, I thought I'd ask around to find out if anyone knows of one posted 'no guns' or not. Thanks, jeff

Murphy

Hello, I am Administrator to Open Carry Advocates, a page on facebook. I write letters on behalf of my members concerning treatment by LEO and corporations. Right now I'm working on Huntington Bank, I can't seem to find out what their corporate policy is concerning concealed or open carry. Since this State has branches, I thought I'd ask around to find out if anyone knows of one posted 'no guns' or not. Thanks, jeff

Have you contacted the corporate office to see?

I've got a Huntington right around the corner from me and I've had no problems with it.
Only bank that seems to have "issues" is 5/3, and I try NOT to do business with them.

I also try not to do business with the Chase Bank in Avon Indiana simply because the manager is an idiot, they cashed a forged check, and the way they treat the American flag....:mad:

JSlack7851

Yes, initially, one of our members contacted a district manager in loss prevention, in Toledo. I then contacted customer service in the corporate office. This jewel didn't have a clue and had to ask another associate who told her 'no guns whatsoever'. Since we got two different answers I wrote the Senior Vice President in charge of Human Resources by snail mail, due to a lack of cooperation getting a e mail address. I haven't heard back from him, but a day after I called customer service I received this:

Huntington respects the rights of Ohio’s citizens to carry registered, concealed weapons where allowed by State Law. As a whole, we have maintained our dedication to our customers and the citizens of Ohio by choosing to not ban firearms (and posting “do not carry” stickers on our doors) from our locations. However, there are specific locations that due to the security features in place require us to not allow firearms in those locations as such they do have stickers advising our customers that weapons are not permitted on the premises.

I understand the branches that are posted have 'man trap' doors. Apparently they won't let someone in if they are carrying a lot of metal and need to be let in manually.

Thank you for your response!

Murphy

Yes, initially, one of our members contacted a district manager in loss prevention, in Toledo. I then contacted customer service in the corporate office. This jewel didn't have a clue and had to ask another associate who told her 'no guns whatsoever'. Since we got two different answers I wrote the Senior Vice President in charge of Human Resources by snail mail, due to a lack of cooperation getting a e mail address. I haven't heard back from him, but a day after I called customer service I received this:

Huntington respects the rights of Ohio’s citizens to carry registered, concealed weapons where allowed by State Law. As a whole, we have maintained our dedication to our customers and the citizens of Ohio by choosing to not ban firearms (and posting “do not carry” stickers on our doors) from our locations. However, there are specific locations that due to the security features in place require us to not allow firearms in those locations as such they do have stickers advising our customers that weapons are not permitted on the premises.

I understand the branches that are posted have 'man trap' doors. Apparently they won't let someone in if they are carrying a lot of metal and need to be let in manually.

Thank you for your response!

Wow..so let me get this straight, as I'm kinda slow and thick at times....

1: The bank has decided "by choosing to NOT ban firearms"....
2: But they post a do not carry sticker on their doors???

Is it me or.....or.....*smh*

RCall

A Huntington branch in Ohio I go into from time to time is equipped with the security breezeway mentioned in the letter. If The metal detector goes off you get locked in it. The building is not posted with CPZ signs anymore. I find that if you somehow set the metal detector off they will override it and let you through anyways. At least in my experience. :)cool:Could be my steel toed boots :cool:)

As far as their policy goes though, I couldn't tell you.

Last edited: