• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huntington Banks

JSlack7851

Hello, I am Administrator to Open Carry Advocates, a page on facebook. I write letters on behalf of my members concerning treatment by LEO and corporations. Right now I'm working on Huntington Bank, I can't seem to find out what their corporate policy is concerning concealed or open carry. Since this State has branches, I thought I'd ask around to find out if anyone knows of one posted 'no guns' or not. Thanks, jeff

backenj

Hello, I am Administrator to Open Carry Advocates, a page on facebook. I write letters on behalf of my members concerning treatment by LEO and corporations. Right now I'm working on Huntington Bank, I can't seem to find out what their corporate policy is concerning concealed or open carry. Since this State has branches, I thought I'd ask around to find out if anyone knows of one posted 'no guns' or not. Thanks, jeff

I use Huntington myself. I was in there yesterday OCing. Nobody said anything to me or even looked at me funny. Seems to not be a problem with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

fozzy71

I use Huntington myself. I was in there yesterday OCing. In Michigan you can't CC in a bank, only OC and that's only if you have a CPL. Nobody said anything to me or even looked at me funny. Seems to not be a problom with them.

With a CPL you can CC or OC in a bank - http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(nv...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-28-425o

Without a CPL you can't do either - http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ke...g.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-234d

Last edited:

TheQ

I use Huntington myself. I was in there yesterday OCing. In Michigan you can't CC in a bank, only OC and that's only if you have a CPL. Nobody said anything to me or even looked at me funny. Seems to not be a problom with them.

Whoa whoa whoa! Cite me where it says you can't CC in a bank if you have a CPL. Here's a hint, it doesn't.

Reference MCL 28.425o

detroit_fan

holy crap, please edit that post to include ACCURATE information.

backenj

... ...:banghead:

SpringerXDacp

:lol:

penguin_hit.gif

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I fixed it. :) So, about Huntington Bank, anyone know what corp policy is, or are we just assuming because the people that work there haven't said anything.......yet?

FerretMI

I contacted my local Huntington bank in the Standale area about open carry when I was having issues with 5/3rd bank. The manager said she wasn't sure, and she called me back after contacting corporate. She was supposedly told that they do not allow open carry. Who knows if that actually came from corporate, or if they even understood that it is lawful in Michigan. An email might be a good idea so that we have something in writing.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

i thought the general idea was to not ask for a policy and just carry there unless they are posted. seems that when i do it this way i have no problems, if i ask first they normally think the policy is no, probably because they are just not familiar with the laws. jmo

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
5/3? There's a better chance THEY will rob YOU. Those basterds have no soul....

Last edited by a moderator:

JSlack7851

Initially, one of our members contacted a district manager in loss prevention, in Toledo. I then contacted customer service in the corporate office. This jewel didn't have a clue and had to ask another associate who told her 'no guns whatsoever'. Since we got two different answers I wrote the Senior Vice President in charge of Human Resources by snail mail, due to a lack of cooperation getting a e mail address. I haven't heard back from him, but a day after I called customer service I received this:

Huntington respects the rights of Ohio’s citizens to carry registered, concealed weapons where allowed by State Law. As a whole, we have maintained our dedication to our customers and the citizens of Ohio by choosing to not ban firearms (and posting “do not carry” stickers on our doors) from our locations. However, there are specific locations that due to the security features in place require us to not allow firearms in those locations as such they do have stickers advising our customers that weapons are not permitted on the premises.

I understand the branches that are posted have 'man trap' doors. Apparently they won't let someone in if they are carrying a lot of metal and need to be let in manually.

Thank you for your responses!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Initially, one of our members contacted a district manager in loss prevention, in Toledo. I then contacted customer service in the corporate office. This jewel didn't have a clue and had to ask another associate who told her 'no guns whatsoever'. Since we got two different answers I wrote the Senior Vice President in charge of Human Resources by snail mail, due to a lack of cooperation getting a e mail address. I haven't heard back from him, but a day after I called customer service I received this:

Huntington respects the rights of Ohio’s citizens to carry registered, concealed weapons where allowed by State Law. As a whole, we have maintained our dedication to our customers and the citizens of Ohio by choosing to not ban firearms (and posting “do not carry” stickers on our doors) from our locations. However, there are specific locations that due to the security features in place require us to not allow firearms in those locations as such they do have stickers advising our customers that weapons are not permitted on the premises.

I understand the branches that are posted have 'man trap' doors. Apparently they won't let someone in if they are carrying a lot of metal and need to be let in manually.

Thank you for your responses!

So, those 'man trap' doors bulletproof?

JSlack7851

So, those 'man trap' doors bulletproof?

I would venture to guess they are, a cheaper idea would be to train all the staff and post pro gun signs. A idea I will pass on to the bank should I get a response. Bottom lines are better paid attention too when there is a better idea that will save money.

TheQ

I would venture to guess they are, a cheaper idea would be to train all the staff and post pro gun signs. A idea I will pass on to the bank should I get a response. Bottom lines are better paid attention too when there is a better idea that will save money.

Training emotional responses is a very difficult proposition…