• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OC Encounter, North Spokane Bruchi's

Cubex DE

My parents have been in town, both are CC'ers from Oregon. Obviously up here they can't CC with an Oregon CHL so they were not carrying at all. I have been talking to them about OC for a while, so I decided to be a good example while they were here and OC everywhere while we were visiting together.

Yesterday morning my dad and I had lunch together at Bruchi's on the North side of Spokane. As always I had my FN Five-seveN on my hip. After we finished eating and we were getting up to leave, the employee that had taken our orders said "thanks for coming in guys! Hey--" and motioned for me to step closer. When I was a little closer to the counter, he asked quietly "is open carry legal in Washington?" I responded that it was and gave him the Washington OC pamphlet, and encouraged him to visit OCDO. He seemed interested.

This tells me that he knows what OC is, otherwise he wouldn't have called it OC (most people in my experience would have asked "is THAT legal" or "is HAVING A GUN legal," not "is OPEN CARRY legal"). Obviously he had no problem with it, what with not asking me to leave or telling me not to OC there even though he had my ear and we were away from other customers (then again, I don't think he was in any position of authority so he likely could not have made these requests even if he wanted to).

Overall it was a positive experience, and hopefully we will have a new forum member soon and a new OC'er in the Spokane area! I've been adding businesses to FriendOrFoe.us almost every day and I hope it is helping somebody, it sure helps me out when others post.

Let me know what you thought of my encounter, if you think I could have said/done something different or anything else you want to share.

alexm963

Which one was it? Division or Hamilton? I was just in the Hamilton one last week OC. Neither of the employees said a word about.

Cubex DE

dwordinger said:
Sounds like a good place to have our next OC get-together.

I'm down. It's a short walk from my place. I'll be back in town on Monday if you want to meet.

Which one was it? Division or Hamilton? I was just in the Hamilton one last week OC. Neither of the employees said a word about.

Division and Hawthorne.