Thread: Debate Meet-up?

Debate Meet-up?

I am curious if anyone knows of a place that is showing the next Presidential Debate? And if anyone is interested in getting together, a group of us, some food, some debate watching, and a whole lot of OC'ing?

I am willing to travel a reasonable distance, my spouse and me.--I'm in Seattle, not a cup of coffee.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I am curious if anyone knows of a place that is showing the next Presidential Debate? And if anyone is interested in getting together, a group of us, some food, some debate watching, and a whole lot of OC'ing?

I am willing to travel a reasonable distance, my spouse and me.--I'm in Seattle, not a cup of coffee.
    Would be a good idea, just need a location really, that I cannot provide however.

I wonder if we could hijack a Starbucks and ask them to run the debate on the inside television, anyone seriously interested in this idea?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    You could bring a laptop and stream it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Too bad they only have the two fascist debating.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    There's our SVG, ever the optimist....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

This could be fun. I wish I was close. I'm third generation from the Enumclaw/Buckley area, but alas...

As for not being a fan of the two teams in this game, it would be like doing a football game when your team isn't playing, but two teams you dislike are, but you are with friends who like those teams. You get to appreciate the zingers from both sides.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    There's our SVG, ever the optimist....
    LOL....it's not that I am being pessimistic, I just wish to hear a third view contrary to the one of "Government is the answer"...

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    This could be fun. I wish I was close. I'm third generation from the Enumclaw/Buckley area, but alas...

As for not being a fan of the two teams in this game, it would be like doing a football game when your team isn't playing, but two teams you dislike are, but you are with friends who like those teams. You get to appreciate the zingers from both sides.
    There is truth in that, I had no interest in watching the VP debate but did it because my kid had a homework assignment, it was fun pointing out the ridiculousness of both sides.

I just wish to hear a third view contrary to the one of "Government is the answer"...
    So, you wish Ron Paul was going to be debating?
    Jesus thought it was more important to be armed than well dressed:

Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his
    scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.~Luke 22:36

(Emphasis mine.)

(Note that the word "garment" here refers to an outer cloak, equivalent to today's sport coats or
    suit jackets in that they both provided warmth and conveyed a certain level of sophistication.)

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    +1
    A real Shame.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Cubex DE View Post
    So, you wish Ron Paul was going to be debating?
    Or Gary Johnson.

But truthfully a high school libertarian would beat either of the two main fascist in a debate.

But truthfully a high school libertarian would beat either of the two main fascist in a debate.
    +1 to that!
    Jesus thought it was more important to be armed than well dressed:

Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his
    scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.~Luke 22:36

(Emphasis mine.)

(Note that the word "garment" here refers to an outer cloak, equivalent to today's sport coats or
    suit jackets in that they both provided warmth and conveyed a certain level of sophistication.)

I skimmed through the responses, and see there are some bites. I was thinking owe could find a place that is showing the debates, some sort of eatery.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    +1
    A real Shame.
    Misspelling? Did you mean a "real Sham?"
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    Misspelling? Did you mean a "real Sham?"
    Who can turn a SHAM into a SHAME? It's el-e-men-tar-y for silent E.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I dunno Beretta, I can't leave kitsap tonight so probably not.

but i will watch, and of course McKenna debates Inslee tonight too.

NRA Member