• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Financial institutions illegal to OC?

Freedom1Man

Well jump up there junior and be that test case, which there would not be much of a test as you would go down in flames.
You amaze me several times with some of the things you try and come up with and yet you still surprise me by coming up with something more ridiculous then your last.

The attitude of one owns the credit union since they have monies in it is laughable, you become a member when joining not an owner.

I would be more interested in getting them shut down for fraud. I CC when I go into banks. I don't accept checks though either so I have very little cause for going into a bank.

I would rather have them stop demanding a SSN to open an account before I fight them on the gun issue.

rapgood

RCW 9.41.300 is the official OFF-LIMITS to carrying firearms and no where does it mention banks.... However due to the Vancouver case 9.41.270 might come into play with a overzealous LEO.

Do I carry in my bank? Yes. Do they have a policy of No Guns? Yes. However my branch manager took the time to get to know me and has no issue with me & my firearm.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Weapons prohibited in certain places — local laws and ordinances — exceptions — penalty.
(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
<snip>

Bill's posting describing the relevant RCWs related to display and carry is entirely accurate, but incomplete as to prohibited locations. There are several areas covered by federal law that similarly ban carry either partially or wholly on federal property, such as Veteran's Affairs property and federal court buildings (even though they might be located within Washington State).

amlevin

It's like this; how can you be trespassing if you own/co-own a business?

Simple. In a Credit Union they have a Board of Directors that hires employees to manage and operate the CU. The Board, if they feel it is in the best interests of the membership, makes rules of conduct for members who use the facilities.

If a member doesn't like the rules they can feel free to express themselves to the Board. If a majority of the members feel that they aren't being properly represented by the Board, they can replace them.

Sorry, one may get "ownership" by being a member but that "ownership" is also spread among the thousands of others that too are members. Each one has an equal say.

Freedom1Man

Simple. In a Credit Union they have a Board of Directors that hires employees to manage and operate the CU. The Board, if they feel it is in the best interests of the membership, makes rules of conduct for members who use the facilities.

If a member doesn't like the rules they can feel free to express themselves to the Board. If a majority of the members feel that they aren't being properly represented by the Board, they can replace them.

Sorry, one may get "ownership" by being a member but that "ownership" is also spread among the thousands of others that too are members. Each one has an equal say.

Close your account and do business somewhere else.

Trigger Dr

If your account holds $30-$50K, the bank owns you. If your account holds $1,000,000, you own the bank.

Last edited: