• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unlawful Wooster Ordanance

Werz

according to http://www.conwaygreene.com/Wooster/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-hit-h.htm&2.0 , Wooster still has a park ban ordnance on the books... Who's ass should I light a fire under to get this removed?

Funny thing is, this was passed 4-21-08. Wasn't this AFTER the ORC preemption law went into effect?
The law director has stated that it will not be enforced, and the local police are aware of that. City council is aware of the issue, but it has not been placed on the agenda. The public discussion session of city council meetings does not allow open discussion of issues not on the agenda. City council president has been informed there will be a request to place the matter on this agenda, and a specific request with a memorandum of law will be sent to the council member in charge of that issue in the near future. Both that council member and the council president are attorneys, and they will be able to understand from the memorandum of law that their choices are very limited. If any type of group action is needed to prompt them, there will be postings in both OCDO and OFCC forums.