Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Timer

First Timer

Hi everyone!!!! I've been a long time reader of the forum but have yet to open carry until today. I have a crazy woman who is stalking me after a Craigslist dispute. She threatened the safety of my children. I have reported her and am in the process of getting a restraining order but for my own piece of mind, I will be taking my PPS out every time I leave the house so I can protect my family. This group seems like such a supportive bunch. This is one hell of a way to jump into open carry so wish we luck and hope I don't have any issues that arise. I'll post where I carried in the appropriate section as things progress.

Re: First Timer

Welcome VegasMom, glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

First Timer

You didn't sell her a DVD rewinder did you? Lol

Welcome

Activist Member
    Welcome to the forum!

It's great that you are taking responsibility for the safety of your family. Hopefully the crazy woman will stop stalking you.

Researching first before open carrying shows the want to be aware of the responsibility needs to open carry. Welcome, Vegas Mom. Is there a Vegas Dad? Noting says safe family more than seeing a mom and dad open carrying.
    I hope the site of you being armed will help encourage the crazy lady to move on and bug someone else.

Welcome! Thank you for taking your personal safety into your own hands. It's a bummer when you feel you NEED to, though. Good for you for getting the harassment documented, also.

Keep us posted; we care!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Stay safe.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Your getting support already. It really is a good site. I agree with above posters.

Welcome to the forums! You've definitely come to the right place for like minded people and support. Very sorry to hear about your situation, but as they say "Necessity is a mother...." Or something along those lines

Thanks guys! The stalker situation still has not been resolved. She's been sending emails and calling my house at all hours and hanging up. She's an adult, not a moody teenager, I swear. The police say she's more of an annoyance than a threat and won't do anything until she physically comes near my family. So much for protection. I really didn't expect much from North Las Vegas. I've been carrying my PPS and have gotten some looks when I'm out with the kids without my husband but I'm not sure if it's the gun or me. I usually get dirty looks and occasionally comments because I look really young and have 3 kids. So to answer your question, yes there is a Vegasdad but he does not currently carry. He needs a holster for his new purchase. Are there any kid friendly meetups planned? I can't wait to get to meet all of you but I'm a nursing mom so it's hard to get away from the littlest one (also the reason I post at odd times). The two older ones (almost 6 and 4) are also shooters and love being around people they can talk about their guns with.

Many of our meet ups are kid friendly. We just did a BBQ, and my boys had a blast. I'm thinking we should try to do something in early November before it gets too chilly.

Maybe something in City of Las Vegas this time? :-) hint...hint..

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

Welcome and you made a great decision to open carry. It's a shame that someone has to feel important by stalking you. I have youngings myself and know that feeling. Welcome again and hope your journey is a safe one.

Hey there! I'm a mom of two and I carry as well as my husband. I'm a stay home mom so I'm always looking for someone to hang out with or whatever. My kids are 4 and 16 months. I'm 25 so I get what you mean about the looks LOL. Feel free to PM me on here if you ever want to hang out or anything. You can also email me at megangrazziani@Gmail.com
    I live on Nellis AFB, as my husband is Active Duty Air Force.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Glad the situation has been "resolved", but keep alert at all times. Welcome to the board.

I wish it had been resolved. The latest thing crazy girl did was call an abortion clinic and make an appointment in my name. I'm not really sure what she was trying to accomplish by doing that. Obviously, I'm not pregnant. We're trying to ignore her and hope she goes away. Still carrying when I leave the house but really haven't left the house much. I did get a few looks at kindergarten drop off when people saw the empty holster.

How are the police reports going for each instance?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMom View Post
    I wish it had been resolved. The latest thing crazy girl did was call an abortion clinic and make an appointment in my name. I'm not really sure what she was trying to accomplish by doing that. Obviously, I'm not pregnant. We're trying to ignore her and hope she goes away. Still carrying when I leave the house but really haven't left the house much. I did get a few looks at kindergarten drop off when people saw the empty holster.
    Be very careful as even possessing a firearm locked in your trunk while on school or daycare property is a serious crime. If someone sees your holster and deduces from that you have a firearm in your car, calls the cops, you could be in trouble.

Just a word of warning.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    How did you determine who made the call?

Presume that you are keeping a record and have been in touch with the local constabulary.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

yes I have kept calling the police and they still refuse to do anything until she physically comes near my family. As for the school issue, I park on the street in the adjoining neighborhood so my firearm is never on school property. Am I wrong about this?

... I park on the street in the adjoining neighborhood so my firearm is never on school property. Am I wrong about this?
    Yes this is legal in NV. There is technically a Federal gun-free school zone, but it is not enforced in NV. The details are all over the internetz, but unless you are across the street dealing drugs or gang-banging, don't give it a second thought.

First Timer

Welcome. Maybe you should give her a little taste of her own medicine. Maybe sign her up for a couple hundred magazine subscriptions. Better yet invite some religious groups over to her home for coffee !!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A telephone provider will have a complaint contact - a place to report harassing phone calls. They have the ability to read blocked numbers of calls made to you.

Further, Nevada has stalking/harassment laws - look into these:
    http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_...&state_code=NV
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Be very careful as even possessing a firearm locked in your trunk while on school or daycare property is a serious crime. If someone sees your holster and deduces from that you have a firearm in your car, calls the cops, you could be in trouble.

Just a word of warning.

TBG
    Aren't the 4th and 5th amendments grand? "Sorry, officer. I don't consent to searches, and I don't care to answer any questions. Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" Lather, rinse, repeat.

An empty holster is in no way, shape or form probable cause for a search or an arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    Aren't the 4th and 5th amendments grand? "Sorry, officer. I don't consent to searches, and I don't care to answer any questions. Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" Lather, rinse, repeat.

An empty holster is in no way, shape or form probable cause for a search or an arrest.
    I will definitely remember that. I don't seem to attract police attention though, except for the time I got carded for being in CVS at 2am (they thought I was underage and out past curfew). Anyway, it seems like the stalker has given up for now. We traced all her calls so the phone company has a record, documented it with the police and finally got google to suspend her account. The address she thought she was SO smart in getting, was our old house on the SW side of town so we called the property manager and let them know who to blame in case something happened to that property. I am also filing a complaint with Smith's, her employer. It's a lot of work. Seriously, when did people get so crazy?

My 4 year old is really excited that mom carries so I'm going to keep doing it. She asks every day if Walter (yes, she named it and no it's not a very creative name)can come with us. "We left Walter in the car" is probably safer than her saying "we left the gun in the car" anyway, right? She tells people it protects her from crazy people and ZOMBIES!!! I guess that's a good ice breaker because I have yet to have any negative contact.....or maybe I've just been lucky. I'm sure someone will eventually put their foot in their mouth and I'm sure you guys will help me figure out how to deal with them properly. Does anyone know how to install a filter between the brain and the mouth? Sometimes mine doesn't work.

"Walter" That's funny!

As far as dealing with Anti's who criticize your decision, I would just walk away. some people will turn the slightest bit of resistance from you and then call the cops and claim you're menacing them or whatever. if someone is curious talk to them about why you carry, if they're hostile just say "well you have the right to disagree with me" and walk away. I know it's tempting to lay down the law in front of them but generally mouthing off to people is a good way to get in trouble.

Welcome to OCDO btw.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast